Flag to run Overlay

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Andreas Duswald
Flag to run Overlay

Post by Andreas Duswald »

Hello Bernd.

I have problem/idea and wonder if it could be solved.

We play addvertisement and News with overlays in the automated daily Program. But sometimes we have recordet Shows wish last for an hour till the next News.

During this hour, the Addvertis Overlays will stop the show an after played through it will runn the show from the stopping point. This works excelent fine.

Problem is, that the overlay will start after the given Waiting time no matter what is up in the show.
SOOO if there might be a interview exactly to that time, the interview will be interupted by the Addvert overlay and after that it will continue

So a solution could be, to put a flag in the show mp3 exactly on a certain point - as soon as this Flag is reached, than the overlay will play

so lets say in one hour there are 3 overlays with different content are coming up,

Than i record a show of one hour.

After it is ready, i go to the PFL Player and put 3 Overlay Flags into the show, and PF is waiting for this flags and only playing the overlay if the flag apears, if not the overlay is canceld.

Of course than it would be nessesarry to give a new option in the Overlay editor to define wether it is waiting a certain time, or waiting for a flag

hope my english is clear enough, els i could also descripe my idea to you on the phone.

LG: Andy
Everything is possible ....
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Flag to run Overlay

Post by radio42 »

Instead of putting these 'flags' at specific positions (which currently doesn't exists) - why don't you schedule such overlays already at those given times?
This would have the same effect...?
Andreas Duswald
Re: Flag to run Overlay

Post by Andreas Duswald »

no not really - As the news in the beginning of the hour are in diffrent length, so you never know exactly when the time is to start the add-overlay. This could really only be done by getting the curser to the perfekt point ... f.EX when in the recording you say - now lers have some addverd .... And there putting this flag.
Everything is possible ....