Bug found in application Find Track

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
XTended
Bug found in application Find Track

Post by XTended »

Hi Bernd,

Just found a bug in Find Track.
When there are only a few tracks found within less than 2 seconds (and that's correct because in this entry "fake blood" there aren't anymore tracks), the search script will continue searching.... After 10 minutes the search script is still active... See attached picture.

If the script finds a lot of tracks the search script will stop after the given 6 seconds and that's correct.

Hope you can find this creepy bug :-)
Attachments
Bug_Find-Track.jpg
Bug_Find-Track.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Bug found in application Find Track

Post by radio42 »

Can you please tell me your settings for the following Find options (right-click in the Find window and take a look to the 'Options' sub-menu):
a) Search also in Explorer Paths ?
b) Force TAG reading for missing Meta Data ?

You probably have enabled both these options?
If yes, what and how many folders have you defined as your explorer paths and does one of these folders (incl. any sub-folder maybe contain thousands of files)?
When 'scanning' the explorer paths as well, this is an atomic operation to retrieve all files in all sub-folders, which can not be interrupted and might take a bit.
However, 10 minutes sounds very long, in my tests here using a folder with around 60.000 files it took something like 30 sec. - but of course, that heavily depends on the speed of your I/O sub-system.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, I am sorry!
I just double checked the code for the explorer path search, what I said above is true, but there is however the time limit check missing...as such there is indeed that check missing.
...will be added to the next version!
XTended

Post by XTended »

Thanks for your fast reply Bernd.
I only checked the options "search also in filenames" and "clear sorting with each track".
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Fixed in v3.0.13.13!