News Dispatcher

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Andreas Duswald
News Dispatcher

Post by Andreas Duswald »

Hello Bernd!

I have to bring back an old point about News and the sound around the -News.

remember this:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/myBB/ ... dispatcher

We have developed a workaround system to have Openers, soundbed and Closers to different news genres.

But this does not work anymore accurately since updating to latest Version.

I have not changed anything within the scripts, but it suddendly does not play closers or openers. sometimes. I cant see why as it sometimes work, but most of the time not Sometimes closer missing, sometimes Opener missing, and sometimes the soundbed does not come along.

So maybe it would be good to implement a Redaction modul into PF - The scripting is not realy working securely
What du you think - Is there something new i have to take head to make the thing running correct?
Everything is possible ....
radio42
Site Admin
Re: News Dispatcher

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain, why the scripting wouldn't work?
Can you may be show me your script your are using and how you are invoking it...?!
Andreas Duswald

i will put the relevant files together and send it soon - Thanks
Andreas Duswald

Hello

As descriped in the old Forum (See link) i call the News Loader with fixtime element - Therefor in the attached zip i have also included one of our hourly Programfiles from where i call the loader.

The Loader than calls the dispatcher an picking randomizid one of the lines out of the dispatcher script.

than 3 files should be loaded into the Playlist - a starter the newsfile (with soundbed) and the closer

This worked fine a long time but since some times not anymore - I think it did not work since update to the recent version.

Now it is sometimes only playing 1 file or to files, sometimes the starter only sometimes the Newsfile only. so no real error Structur

Thanks for helping
Attachments
Dispatcher-datein.zip
Here are the relevant scripts
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Andreas Duswald

If you see is, you realize, that for full Automation a News lybari is realy nessesarry to make it securly working.

Letz say, you define aspecial libary Type ... Lets call it "News-Libary"

it is set to a physical folder on the HDD

in this folder, you can than create subfolders f.EX: local, sports, police ... whatever

than in the Panel to edit the News libary, this folders apearing as sub libaries - each of the sublibaries can than be editet and set up following options:

-Starter Jingle
- Closer Jingle
- Soundbed
- history (as in the other libaries - with autowatch etc etc)
- how many files he should play if called
- how long should he keep the files before deleting (In Days)

so now in the Program Script, you can just put in the News libary and how many news he should play. of course ramdomized checking the history

Now the reporters just have to put the recordings in one of the subfolders, and the PF will play it randomized.

Dont you think, this would be a real good solution? - I think better than working with all this skripts and wsh scripts even?
Andreas Duswald

Hello Bernd

I really don´t want to bother you with this theme to much but did you have a chance to findout, why this dispatcher solution is not working anymore.?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, actually not. Here it is working.
So I guess its related to the other 'Song History' posts?
Andreas Duswald

Hello Bernd

Have not been around foor long time. This is because i realy working my breath out the last monthes to keep our tream up :-)

All is working so fine and stable with PF - Espeassily since we use highend soundcards with Asio - Onky one thing is realy making me ripping my hair from my head since some month

Now i realy want to bring this Topic up agaiin, as we more and more getting problems with the wsh script writing while PF wants to load lybarys.

Still i think PF would raly need a good solution for News redaktion ... It would be so great as here we often have troubles with the news overlay stucking as it seems to get in conflict more and more with changing automaticly the xml and the lybary files.

So again my WISH for a good RockSolid News redaction:

If you see is, you realize, that for full Automation a News lybary is realy nessesarry to make it securly working.

Letz say, you define aspecial libary Type ... Lets call it "News-Libary"

it is set to a physical folder on the HDD

in this folder, you can than create subfolders f.EX: local, sports, police ... whatever

than in the Panel to edit the News libary, this folders apearing as sub libaries - each of the sublibaries can than be editet and set up following options:

-Starter Jingle
- Closer Jingle
- Soundbed
- history (as in the other libaries - with autowatch etc etc)
- how many News-files he should play if called
- how long should he keep the files before deleting old news (In Days)

so now in the Program Script, you can just put in the News libary and how many news he should play. of course ramdomized checking the history

Now the reporters just have to put the recordings in one of the subfolders, and the PF will play it randomized with the correct jingles around.

Dont you think, this would be a real good solution? - I think better than working with all this skripts and wsh scripts even?

:-) Please Bernd - This thing is causing me Gray hairs day by Day - As it does not work correctly the way we do it now.

Thanks

You can call me 01520 19 44 725 if you need detail input on this theme - i can call you back
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The News module has now been added to v3.0.12.00!

See here for details: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=822