New installation errors

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: New installation errors

Post by radio42 »

A new v3.0.14.22 is available, which adds/changed the following:
- some sanity checks have been added when closing a script edit dialog to display warnings in case some script-lines might potentially have an issue with the global history
(i.e. script-lines using media libs who's number of entries is less than the number of the global or script history)
(note, that when using additional filter rules these can not be taken into account!)
- suppresses the mentioned 'false positive' exceptions in the logs
- some sanity checks have been added to prevent further endless scripting-loops in case all history checks fail
I have also just setup PF on a new machine, but I can not reproduce the overlay disappearing issue.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I am not at the studio right now and I have not updated and tried .22 version.
But I remember the steps I did to overlay dissapear.
I installed PF on a clean win 7 x64 pc.
I created a folder library, then a script to play this library in random and then with program scheduler I created a program to play this every day on 10:00.
I then created a playlist having 3 jingles and created a library with this playlist. Then a script to play this library named "Jingles script"
Then I set folder "C:\pf\overlays" for overlay scheduler.
I clicked overlay scheduler ribbon button.
I clicked on 10:00 and created a recurrent overlay (for every 1 hour), set name "Jingle exactly", chose script "Jingles script", set start mode to "soft", and "Allow start early" and closed this overlay creation screen.
This recurrent overlay appeared on the overlay scheduler (every 1 hour).
Then I clicked on 10:30 to create a new overlay. A few seconds later and while I was doing exactly the same procedure creating the first overlay I noticed in the background that the previous overlay disappeared from the overlay scheduler.
I continued creating the "Jingles half past" overlay, closed it and only the last overlay (every half past) was on the overlay screen.
So I had to create again the "Jingle exactly" overlay.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

All these exceptions are kind of 'false positives'.

The first two happen, because I do report any exception which is happening when reading in a calendar. And when a calendar file is already created, but does so far not contain any entries, a sub-sequent 'read calendar' method do indeed throw an internal exception, as their content is simply empty ;-)
So it is a warning the calendar component I am using is throwing, which is not perfect and actually a mistake of the component, but out of my control and as such I simply write the exception to the log file. I might take a look, if I can prevent this!

The last exception is similar.
The 'LeastTimesPlayed' script-line tries to sort all entries having the same play counter.
For the very first time however, when there is no play count statistic available at all, this sort internally fails; but the internal exception is logged regardless.
As such, this internal exception also only appears as a 'false positive' within the log file.

So nothing to really worry about. However, I might take a look to explicitly exclude these 'false positives' from the logs.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can not reproduce that here!
Have you created that with the Advert Manager or with ProppFrexx ONAIR?
Have you used both apps in parallel resp. are you using 2 machines using/updating the same calendar file in parallel?
Else it seems impossible to me!