Advert Library has been changed outside of this application

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
tomcord
Advert Library has been changed outside of this application

Post by tomcord »

After a system upgrade we get message "The Advert Library has been changed outside of this application! Do you want to reload the AdvertLibrary and refresh the current view?

When either Yes or No is selected the message almost immediately reappears, All of our versions are v3.0.6.5 or newer.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Advert Library has been changed outside of this applicat

Post by radio42 »

Please take a look to your "Advert Storage Path", if there is a file called "~advert.sync" present.
If yes, delete that file! - it seems to be created or migrated with a wrong system write time - maybe from a PC who's system date is completely out-of-sync!?
tomcord

Post by tomcord »

radio42 wrote:Please take a look to your "Advert Storage Path", if there is a file called "~advert.sync" present.
If yes, delete that file! - it seems to be created or migrated with a wrong system write time - maybe from a PC who's system date is completely out-of-sync!?
There was a file called ~advert.sync which I have deleted and tried again but the problem is still present.
When you say it was created by a system whose date was out of sync, do you mean dates contained within the XML or windows timestamps on the file system. Our schedules run from a NAS and we use a different PC which is not in the studio to create the schedules so I will check this.
If the timestamps you are referring to are contained within the xml file, can you identify which file I should be looking in and which timestamps and can I manually edit these to rectify the problem?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is the timestamp of that file being checked.