transition voice over played 2 times back to back

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
transition voice over played 2 times back to back

Post by hdradio »

I have set in my script fixed time elements every 07:00 18:00 36:00 48:00 to play a voice over the next song.
Today at 17:07:28 PF played the voice over jingle, then song started playing again the voice over jingle as it should.
Two times the same jingle back to back. I can't explain it.
I am sending you the debug log and the recording to listen what it played.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: transition voice over played 2 times back to back

Post by radio42 »

It would be helpful to send me your .pfp script file - as I am not sure what you exactly mean by "voice over the next song" - I assume you mean a 'Manual' FTE being defined as a Track Insert Transition?! But to be sure what transition exactly the script file is needed.
The readme.txt files you have send me contained greek encoded characters, as the readme.txt isn't saved as UTF-8 or Unicode, I can not read it.

Anyhow, if all other FTEs are defined in exactly the same way, it is strange, if they succeed, but only 2 of them once failed.
Can you identify what is or was different to all the other times when the FTE/'voice over' was successful?
May be it is also helpful to send me your 2 related audio files:
- the voice over track of the FTE
- the playling file, I guess it must be "Δεληβοριάς Φοίβος - Η μπόσα νόβα του Ησαΐα (live)"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

And one more question?
Is it for sure, that it was the FTE track which was played twice (since from the debug log I could not see that)?
Maybe in your script you are also scheduling Jingles/Station IDs and as such the script scheduled the same track as the FTE inserted...and as a result only the FTE was converted as a 'Track Insert Transition' but the other one played as is just before hand - could be a theoretical scenario?!
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I assume you mean a 'Manual' FTE being defined as a Track Insert Transition?! But to be sure what transition exactly the script file is needed.
Yes that's what I mean.
Anyhow, if all other FTEs are defined in exactly the same way, it is strange, if they succeed, but only 2 of them once failed.
Can you identify what is or was different to all the other times when the FTE/'voice over' was successful?
Nothing was different. This script is playing every Saturday at 12:00 and every Sunday at 16:00 till 21:00 and this problem never happened before.
I 've sent you all the files you ask.
Is it for sure, that it was the FTE track which was played twice (since from the debug log I could not see that)?
Yes it's a fixed track. As you 'll see in the script there is no other jingle playing somewhere else.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can not be reproduced.