"Save Playlist As" does not save existing playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
"Save Playlist As" does not save existing playlist

Post by hdradio »

If you open an existing playlist (in my case a cartwall library, that I want to save a copy to a different folder), clicking "Save Playlist As" does not save anything.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: "Save Playlist As" does not save existing playlist

Post by radio42 »

"Save Playlist As" works perfectly fine for any regular opened playlist!

ONLY in the special case when you open a playlist from an existing media or cartwall library (like in your case) and thus you edit an existing/used library playlist the "Save Playlist As" feature is suppressed and saves the playlist under its original location. This because it would break any further editing of the existing lib. As such the observed behavior is currently by design - even if not really consistently implemented and a bit misleading, as the Save As file dialog still comes up, but its result is ignored.

I will take a look to improve this behavior. Possibly I will fully allow "Save As", even if it would break editing the existing lib!
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I think that "Save as" will not break any existing lib, because it should create a copy of the current playlist under a new name. Existing playlist lib is not modified.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I was not saying, that it breaks a playlist, but the current editing of a lib.
Eg when you invoke EDIT from a cartwall you can edit the lib and when done the cartwall is refreshed with the changes made. This edit flow will be broken.
But as said that is probably okay.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might now try the new v3.0.15.2-beta version - which should fix your reported issue.
It is currently only available from the “Check for Beta-Version…” menu item; which is located under the blue question-mark icon at the very top right of the main window.