Add Random track script line bug

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
andrerotgans
Add Random track script line bug

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd

I've been trying the 4.0 release and found out that my scripts are not working correct. Every 'load track' is working fine, however, if I want to add a random track from a category it's not working.
When re-entering the script and checking the script line it shows the entry, but when I click it and the category 'picker' shows the checkbox next to that particular category is gone. Maybe that's the reason why it's not working ? It happens with every category I choose, even when recreating the script from scratch. I've tried it from
- the scheduler
- Add tracks from (and using that script)
- New playlist, use the 'program' option in the autoplay part of the main toolboar

I've checked adding just a bunch of songs from the categories I've used (via add/remove / add tracks from), they are just fine. So, nothing wrong with the libraries as such, I guess.

Can you reproduce this? I'm using the 64 bits 4.0.0 from the zip-file in the forum, so it might be already fixed in another newer versions.

Best regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Add Random track script line bug

Post by radio42 »

Actually I can not reproduce that here.

There are 3 modes (for Random et al):
a) a single media lib is selected - in that case the script-line entry shows only the name of that media lib
b) multiple media libs are selected - in that case the script-line entry shows "ANYOF:" and then the list of selected media libs
c) only the category is selected (not checked!) - in that case the script-line entry shows "CATEGORY:" and the category name

Within the 'Picker' (combobox popup window):
As such when you select the category (but do NOT check it) - you will select a category - "CATEGORY: ..." will appear.
But when you check the checkbox of the category all media libs underneath are use - "ANYOF: ..." will appear.

So that is by design and worked the same way as in v3.x! I just tested that here in both versions and didn't find any difference.
As such, that isn't the issue.

But above you say that your scripts are not working and the Topic says "Add Random track script line bug"?!
What exactly is not working and how do you test things?

I just tested here the same scripts on v3.x and v4.0 and the scripts used script-lines having "ANYOF:" as well as the "CATEGORY" set.
They all worked on all versions...also in the provided beta from the web.

So maybe we do a TeamViewer session to take a look what is going wrong?
andrerotgans
Re: Add Random track script line bug

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

What I mean by 'Add random track script line bug', that the script line 'RANDOM' in is not working for me. It's not giving any result. But I guess a TV session is a good idea to better explain / show you what's happening. I'll send you a PM.