Script line rules

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
bebo_saed
Script line rules

Post by bebo_saed »

Hello Bernd,

is there any chance for a script line with a Filter of "Genre Does not Equal X" to ignore that condition and plays X Genre for example noting that the line has a "Force Library History Check" option Marked?
bebo_saed
Re: Script line rules

Post by bebo_saed »

hahaha, what i mean that i do have a script line with this filter on it to do not take House Music genre from a playlist that contains many other genres and "Force Library History Check" option Marked, put it takes house music and plays it!

so i thought that there is something missing here, i dont want it to take House Genres and it does take them
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but I don't get exactly what you are saying. Are you saying, that the given Filter is ignored or not evaluated correctly?
I do not think so.
Please post your entire filter expression...

The 'ForceLibraryHistoryCheck' option (just) forces a history check on the media lib - if enabled.
If that is the case, it might be, that your history check fails and you have set the 'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option!
In this case the last used/tried media track would be used regardless of the check.
The filter however should still be evaluated...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What you say sounds like it would make no sense (sorry to say), but if you would have that option in place; you could also directly remove the Filter! There would be no difference...
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

This is my filter on the script line " ~[Genre] <> 'House' And [Genre] <> 'Slow Jam' "

and it takes house from the Library

'UseLastTrackOnFinalFail' script option is not setted

as you can see in the screen shot that it ignores that filter and plays House And Slow Jam!
Attachments
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (31).png (145.37 KiB) Viewed 7417 times
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

i have made sure of everything and it seems apparently that there is no problem.

this playlist starts at 7:00 am +2 and ends at 11 am

next time it will be playing will be saturday morning if we can do this teamviewer session at this time, can we?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Unfortunately I am on holiday for the next 2 week and can not have any TeamViewer sessions.
But we can test the script also in an empty playlist...
So if, I am only available for a TeamViewer session for the next 30 minutes!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just made a few tests here and can not reproduce that - it would even make me wonder, if that really fails.
Are you sure, that those entries are from exactly that script line having that exact Filters set?
(e.g. you might display the 'Source Info' column in the playlist to confirm that)

May be there is a 'hidden' extra char in your original file's 'Genre'...
e.g. some thing like "House " or " Slow Jam" or "Slow Jam" (having 2 spaces between Slow and Jam)?

Else we might do a TeamViewer session today - to take a look to your config.
Please send me your TeamViewer details in a PM or mail.
bebo_saed

Post by bebo_saed »

SORRY Bernd i was out of the office, tell me if we can make it tomorrow any time i can handle it
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, tomorrow I am on holiday ;-)
We can do it now !