Hit/Reset start type in scheduler?

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
heatradio
Hit/Reset start type in scheduler?

Post by heatradio »

i only saw hard/soft types in the latest version. the soft type could work for me but it would cut end before the end of playlist, i need all the items in the previous playlist to end before starting the next playlist, within the defined delay time of course (eg. 300 secs)
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Hit/Reset start type in scheduler?

Post by radio42 »

I guess that is all already possible today!, as you can define a Max. Start Delay value and a Max. Late option in addition.

Program's Settings:

Start/End Time:
The date and time when the program should start.

Mixing Time:
Is the segue time in milliseconds between the current program and the next program (mix in as well as mix out).
A positive value calculates the segue time from the end (cue-out) of the current track of the current playlist track.
Set to 0 to start the program with the 'Next' cue-point of the current track of the current playlist.
Use a negative value to define a fixed fade-out time (for the program's mix-in and mix-out), in this case the segue time is 40% of this fade-out time.

Max. Start Delay:
When a program is defined as soft start (so it doesn't have to start at exactly that time) it might be delayed by this maximum number of seconds.
When a program is about to be started the remaining time of the current track of the current playlist is checked. If the remaining time is less than this maximum delay time, the track will be played til the end before the program is started (which will then result in a delayed program start).
But if the remaining time is greater than this maximum delay time the current track is faded-out immediately and the program start will not be delayed (except a 'Max. Late' value is defined).
Note: Programs defined as fixed start will always start on time.

Show in Advance:
Defines the time in seconds the program is shown in advance of the actual start time (e.g. giving the user time to cancel, delay or edit the program).

Max. Late:
If the program is allowed to start Soft, this defines how soft it will start.
Setting the value to 0 is the default, which means, it starts at the end of the currently playing track, if its remaining time is less than the 'Max. Start Delay' - else it will start early immediately.
If the value is greater than 0, the program starts at latest this number of seconds late. This means, the 'Max. Early' and 'Max. Late' time frame define the soft starting time range and a currently playing track is at least playing this long and is only started early if it ends in that range - else it is started this late.

So I am not sure what you are missing here?
heatradio

Post by heatradio »

the soft type would cut end before the end of playlist, heres an example:
9:50 song1
9:54 song2
9.58 song3
10.02 song4
10.05 end jingle
(end of playlist)

if i set the start type to 10pm soft with 10min max delay and max late then the next program would start when "song3" ends, which is not what i want. i want ALL items in the playlist to play, until "end jingle" and the next program to start after that.

max threshold within 10mins, that means if the 9pm playlist goes beyond 10.10 then pf would do a soft transition at around 10.10 to the next program.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please describe how you define your playlist?
I assume you are not using a regular script to do so but a pre-prepared playlist?
(note, that when using a regular script, there is no real 'end of playlist', as a script is by definition looped until a new program is started)

Are all your playlists overscheduled? Or might some also be underscheduled?
heatradio

Post by heatradio »

yes, the playlist is pre-prepared, a playlist per hour. the duration of the playlists varies, one may underschedule, another may overschedule. the soft type tackles the underscheduled playlists but it has problem with overscheduled playlists. so i couldnt find a solution without another start type.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

No, that is currently not really possible exactly in the way you describe it (it is even the first time, that I ever hear about such way of working).

If I understand you correctly (and to summarize your requirement), you would want to only use pre-prepared playlists.
And no matter how long these playlists are, each playlist should always fully play until its end.
If a playlist is overscheduled: all tracks should be fully played regardless of any current timing and the next playlist should be delayed.
If a playlist is underscheduled: regardless of any current timing, the next playlist should be started early.
Is that what you need/want?

If that is the case, you might at least use a single program/script per day in order to do so.
E.g. the related daily script might contain at least 24 script-line (i.e. one per hour), e.g. something like this:
1. LoadPlaylist, C:\MyMusic\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_0000.pfp
2. LoadPlaylist, C:\MyMusic\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_0100.pfp
3. LoadPlaylist, C:\MyMusic\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_0200.pfp
23. LoadPlaylist, C:\MyMusic\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_2200.pfp
24. LoadPlaylist, C:\MyMusic\${start_yyyy}${start_MM}${start_dd}_2300.pfp
25. Random, AllTracks
(the last line is just a security check in case all playlists are underscheduled; set the script's LoopLine value to 25 in such case!)

This way you only have one program per day (running for 14 hours) creating only one playlist windows per day, which then subsequently loads all hourly playlist files...this way you can ensure exactly what you need - at least per day!
So only the very last playlist might then not be fully played til the end - which is may be acceptable?

Would that be a working solution?!
Or what would be missing here?