GPIO Client

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
friso
GPIO Client

Post by friso »

I have some problems with the GPIO client.
When the PC is started and i have started proppfrexx, GPIO client is also started, but My velleman usb interface and also the client connection is not established automatic.

When i manually start it, it then connects. Also the velleman i have to manually start.
Am i doing something wrong here?
Using the latest version of version 4

Friso
radio42
Site Admin
Re: GPIO Client

Post by radio42 »

What does happen when you close ProppFrexx and then restart ProppFrexx?
Is this then also happening? Or is this ONLY happening when you restart your PC?
If that's the case, it must be, that somehow the USB devices are not ready yet?!
friso

Post by friso »

When i shutdown proppfrexx the GPIO client stays running.
After restarting proppfrexx, it comes up with "There is allready an instance of the GPIO-Client running on this machine. You can only start one instance.........
But the setting remain.
That's not so strange, because the instance was running all the time. But when i kill the process of the client and start proppfrexx again, the client is running, but the settings are gone.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What does happen if you manually stop the GPIO Client (right click at an empty space and select Close...)...?
And then restart ProppFrexx?

And what settings do you mean? All settings incl. the Velleman mapping?

So far I can not reproduce that here.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

Unfortunately, when i close the GPIO client with right klick close, under processes the gpio client is still running as a service.
I did a completely reinstall of proppfrex version 4 with the option not to import settings from version 3.
Still the problems are the same.
it also doesn't restore the chnges i made in the client.
Also i made some changes in the xml config file. The server adress settings are stored ok, but enable the USB velleman doesn't work.
After starting the client and killing it, de xml is back to default except the changes i made in the server adress part.

For extra info, i use Windows 7 x64 with proppfrexx 32 bit. That because an vst i use only works with 32 bit
Hopefully you can reproduce the problem.

Also i saw that mu version 3 license was disabled. Not so nice due this is my onair system. I thought when version 4 isn't working correct at the moment, i will continue to work with version 3.
Maybe you can reanable this for me so i can still work with it till the problem is solved

Friso
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A) You say that the GPIO Client runs as a service?!
That would be very strange, as the Installer nor ProppFrexx ever would run that as a service! So did you manually do this?
Or what do you consider as a service?

B) When you upgrade to a v4 version of course your old v3 will be disabled. Else you would run 2 licenses in parallel.
If you wanted test period?! Why did you never ask? Now complaining afterwards is a bit strange.
You are so far also the only one where the Velleman is not working. So I assume it must be something soecific.
I also hope there there is really no other application running in parallel (not even the old v3) as only one application can access the Velleman card at a time.

C) You still doesn't really answer the question about what settings are not restored. Is it only the Velleman Enable option OR also the mappings? And how are you testing this. As if you are unable to Close the application in a regular way it might be that you are killing the application hardly from the Taskmanager?! In this case the settings might of course get lost.
However it's strange that you seem to be unable to close the GPIO Client application, as this almost impossible from the code. There must be something else going wrong on your PC.

If nothing helps we need to do a TeamViewer session next week.
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

The license of version 3 is not a problem. Did a quick test and everything seems to work, also my Novation launchpad.
I did a completely uninstallation of version 3 and 4. Then installed version 4 back again, and enabled the GPIO Ext. Service.
Then clicked ok, and after that the client starts, is visable and i can open it.

I changed the password into the one i put in at the TCP RemoteControl server port. Directly it connects. Then into the client i enabled it on startup and close the gui. So far so good. The start buttons are working correctly.

The i close proppfrexx. The client remains running (see one of the screenshots. Watching the task manager i see the gpio client is still running. See screenshot.
Hopefully this makes it a little clear to you.

Friso
Attachments
screenshot_3.jpg
screenshot_3.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
screenshot_2.jpg
screenshot_2.jpg (58.82 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
screenshot_1.jpg
screenshot_1.jpg (147.04 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
friso

Post by friso »

And another two screenshots
Attachments
screenshot_5.jpg
screenshot_5.jpg (94.4 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
screenshot_4.jpg
screenshot_4.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 9550 times
friso

Post by friso »

Did some more research, and came up with the next things.

1. I start proppfrexx. The GPIO client is started. I close proppfrexx (didn't change anything in gpio client, even doesn't have opened it)
I close proppfrexx. Client is also closed succesfully
2. I start proppfrexx. The GPIO client is started. I open the GPIO client gui and enable the connect to server slider to ON and close the GPIO clint gui. I close proppfrexx and the GPIO client stays running. Right click and close the client. In task manager it syas running. Ik kill the process and start proppfrexx again. All setting are default again.
3. I start proppfrexx. The GPIO client is started. I open the GPIO client gui, but don't changed anything, i close it again. I close proppfrexx and the GPIO client again stays running.
4. I do exactly the same as in 1 and now the GPIO client is closing correctly again after shutting down proppfrexx.

It looks like something is opened when opening the GPIO client, and stays open. Maybe writing to the config file or something.
Hopefully you have something with this information.

Friso
friso

Post by friso »

Bernd

I found also an error.log. Maybe you can see something in this

27-9-2015 19:41:36 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Assembly met gemengde modus is gemaakt met versie v1.1.4322 van de runtime en kan niet zonder aanvullende configuratie-informatie worden geladen in de runtime van versie 4.0.
Error Type: System.IO.FileLoadException
Error Source: ProppFrexx GPIOClient.Void LoadGAMEPORT()
********** System Stack Trace **********
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.LoadGAMEPORT()
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.LoadSettingsGamePort()
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.LoadSettings()
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.Init()
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
bij DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.OnShown(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
********** Environment Stack Trace **********
bij System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
bij System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.GetExceptionInfo(Exception e, Boolean full)
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.WriteErrorLog(Exception e)
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.UnhandledExceptionHandler(Exception e)
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.CustomExceptionHandler(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs args)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
bij DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bij System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bij ProppFrexx.Program.Main()
********** End **********

27-9-2015 19:44:27 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Assembly met gemengde modus is gemaakt met versie v1.1.4322 van de runtime en kan niet zonder aanvullende configuratie-informatie worden geladen in de runtime van versie 4.0.
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
bij ProppFrexx.MainForm.CustomExceptionHandler(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs args)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

27-9-2015 19:56:12 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 19:58:19 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 19:59:02 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:01:00 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:02:50 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:32:29 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:36:32 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:37:29 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:38:21 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:40:24 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:41:29 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:52:16 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:52:58 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********

27-9-2015 20:54:37 [v4.0.0.17]:********** Error/Exception Information **********