Overlay closes early

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
ExIT_FM
Overlay closes early

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi Bernd,

I don't know it's a bug or not, but the Overlay player closes before the cue-out point of last overlay track. And an other thing. Overlay starts a bit before Next cue-point of last track. Is there any chance to delay the closing / start overlay? I'm using PF v4.0.1.6 x64

Regards,
David
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay closes early

Post by radio42 »

Can you please send me all your overlay setting details and probably some files you experiment the issue with, as I can not reproduce that here with my test cases and files...
And what is the actual effect of it.
Normally the underlying playlist is resumed by the NEXT cue-point of the last track of the overlay...
Depending on your settings the overlay might then be faded out (if you defined a shorter mixing time).
So the important setting is the 'Mixing Time Out' value.

How do you test your 2nd issue (starts a bit before Next cue-point of last track) - is it maybe just that the visual position pointer is a bit delayed resp. what you hear is delayed (due to your output buffer latency)?
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Overlay calendar + overlay closer track attached.

To the 2nd issue:
I use ASIO (Creative X-Fi) output with 2ms latency. I tested it with a song. I set the Next cue-pont to the last beat of the song. I left the mixing time of the overlay on 0ms. Before ~0.5s of the Next cue-point the overlay opener starts which is not a big issue, but sounds silly with some songs.

Overlay closer:
Approx. 1s after the Next cue-point, overlay player stops playing w/o fading, and closes. As you can see in the attached track, the cue-out point is in the very end of the track so there's approx. 3.5secs between the Next and the Cue-out point.
(Opener/closer is set in the News management, thats why the opener/closer is empty in the attached image)
ovl.png
ovl.png (28.61 KiB) Viewed 5286 times
Attachments
overlay.zip
(365.66 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I can reproduce the 'early' closing in your case...guess that needs a fix in the next version.

The early start (~0.5s before the currently playing track's Next cue-point) however is not happening here and I can currently not reproduce that.
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Thank you Bernd, I really appreciate it!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Fixed in v4.0.1.8 !