Meta writing in playlist

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
ExIT_FM
Meta writing in playlist

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi Bernd,

I just lost the meta data of 821 tracks because a bug in the PF. I selected all tracks in the playlist to recalculate ACPD, then I edited the artist/title field in direct editing mode. After that a clicked on Save Metadata Tags in the context menu and it overwritten the Artist field in all files. So now I have 821 Rihanna songs...

Can you fix this issue?
(I use the latest PF)
Thanks.
ExIT_FM
Re: Meta writing in playlist

Post by ExIT_FM »

Tracks was selected only during ACPD detection. After that I clicked on the tracks one by one to change the meta. And the changes wasn't visible only after I clicked Save Meta Data Tags. At least a dialog should warn the user before it overwrite all files.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

This is not a bug, but by design!
In direct editing mode you can mass change your tracks.
E.g. selecting multiple tracks and then changing the Artist field will change the Artist for all selected!
This is directly visible in the list. So when you save these changes, don't blame ProppFrexx!
I am sorry to say, but that was your mistake.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess this is not true. The tracks probably have still all been selected when you changed the Artist.
(and in that case the Artist of all selected tracks are changed in the tree - so there is nothing to warn you about, as it is directly visible)

Please try yourself with a few tracks.
If you can reproduce it, then tell me the exact steps you performed.
As I can not reproduce that.
When I only change one track, then only that single track gets changed.