previously saved playlist won't open

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
previously saved playlist won't open

Post by moogwill »

Once again, I'm in trouble...
My transfer to this new Computer would have been a pain of everyday

Ok here's the situation.

I'm opening the scheduler,
right Click on a next scheduled show
and choose create template laylist

The playlist is opening,
Im doing some work on it.... and save it.

Seems fine, but at the supposed time, PFOA generates a new playlist instead of this one.

Did I made something wrong or is it again a trouble self generated by my different user account?

T.

PS: note that the playlist is available from the open shortcut of the main menu.
moogwill
Re: previously saved playlist won't open

Post by moogwill »

I perfectly got it ( that the files are related to an user that does'nt exist anymore)

but in this particular case, when I frist try to create a template from the scheduler, The first windows says there's allready a playlist for this particular time (where does it comes from??)

and then, in the next window the path to the file is related to the correct new user folder "playl"

Here are the screen caps of those 2 windows
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.22.28.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.22.28.png (81.65 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.23.06.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.23.06.png (69.78 KiB) Viewed 4952 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Where does it say, that there's allready a playlist for this particular time?
It says: "An existing Program Scheduler entry was found"!
And I guess in your case this is absolutely true! Probably a recurring scheduler entry which executes a script - your base script, which runs, in case you do NOT pre-prepare a playlist ;-)
So where is the issue here?
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

ok so I missunderstood that... (sorry'bout that)

But as you cans see next the path is correct...

So why did I had to load and start manually the previous voicetracked sessions of the last days?

these playlists are fully working and are available from the open shortcut menu.
But when the supposed time is coming, PFOA generates a new laylist from the same script, instead of playing the existing one.

I have this window (see the screen cap), when I try to open previously generated, VTrackd and saved playlists From the scheduler.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.59.43.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-07 à 12.59.43.png (23.66 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So why did I had to load and start manually the previous voicetracked sessions of the last days?
Because of what we discovered in the 'other' thread, that your script-line entry with the LodPlaylist comamnd was referencing the OLD user path!
See here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1566&start=10#p7359

The related script was however still working! Just the FIRST script-line was skipped!

And THAT was also the reason, why you got the error message (as shown in your screen shot) - because ProppFrexx was trying to open that playlist as referenced by the 'LoadPlaylist' script-line BUT the path was wrong!!!

So ALL you explain is totally NORMAL and even worked as expected - even the error messages are correctly thrown to indicate the error.

AGAIN:
On your old PC you used a user names "thomas". You used to save your template playlists in the default ProppFrexx AppUserData folder -which is user specific:
\Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp

As such your template program script looked like this (containing 2 script-lines):
1. LoadPlaylist, \Users\thomas\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp.... .pfp
2. Execute, BaseScript

Now you migrated all data to another PC using a DIFFERENT user name 'playl'.
Thus the default ProppFrexx AppUserData folder changed to now be:
\Users\playl\AppData\Roaming\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\4.0\plstmp

The OLD user folder IS NOT present anymore! Thus the above template script is NOT working anymore.
You needed to change the template script as explained in the other thread (see link above).

After you did that and adjusted the script it was working again.

So what is your NEW issue? I don't get that...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See my previous examples in the 'other thread' - it sounds like exactly the same and check your playlist location (path and filename)!!
If you are using a different drive and/or a different path on the old computer - which does exist anymore on your new computer - you of course need to adjust that.
As you basically copied all config settings over from the old PC to the new one - how should that work automatically?

I also do not fully understand what you are saying: "PFOA generates a new playlist instead of this one"?!
When you create a new template playlist - of course a new playlist file would be created - that's the whole point of that action. What do you mean by 'instead of this one'?

Note, that the 'open shortcut of the main menu' shows your most recently used playlists - as this history is also stored in your config files - they are migrated as is... but if the path/drive changed on your new PC... of course they wouldn't work anymore...

I assume you expect, that all your settings, paths etc. are somehow magically adjusted?
But this can not happen automatically... just try to migrate all your Microsoft Windows data from one PC to the other one. Even Microsoft is unable to do so...