embeded overlay title update is different from live to VTracked playlists.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
moogwill
embeded overlay title update is different from live to VTracked playlists.

Post by moogwill »

As said in a previous topic. I use overlays to start Radionomy commercials with some 2mn edits and some hitmixs and/or cultural & weather announcement to fill those adbreaks. using the tag "Advert: - Advert"

I tried many title updates options:

Use overlay descrition or name as tag:
It works, but it updates song title for each played file, for a concrete example, overlay is made of an opener, a 2mn music file & a closer file.
send 3 title updates with the same tag (the closer file is relaunching a second adbreak right at the end of the first one)

the best solution seems to tag the main file as "Advert: - Advert" and choose track name in overlay title update option.

but when embeded in a voice tracked session, this file use as tag the overlay name and no artist.

How to make things work in both situations?

Thanks,
T.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2016-04-13 à 09.41.08.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-13 à 09.41.08.png (14.22 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
Capture d’écran 2016-04-13 à 10.24.13.png
Capture d’écran 2016-04-13 à 10.24.13.png (78.31 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
moogwill
Re: embeded overlay title update is different from live to VTracked playlists.

Post by moogwill »

Thanks Bernd,

(NOT "Use Embedded Container Tracks") that's the one I missed when I rebuilt my overlay scheduler.... :-/

Thanks,
T.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: embeded overlay title update is different from live to VTracked playlists.

Post by radio42 »

The suggested solution was to NOT "Use Embedded Container Tracks" as the Streaming Option (see general settings, section 'Streaming') - so that ONLY one song title update is send in case of an embedded container.
AND set the 'Title Update' option in the overlay scheduler entry to "Use Overlay Description" - in the latest version this setting should now also be used in case the overlay is resolved as an embedded entry in a voice tracking playlist.