Simple set up for Young People

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Vibe Music
Simple set up for Young People

Post by Vibe Music »

Hi Guys, I wondering if you can help, we have a small station at a Youth Project, I want to keep the set up so simple for the Young People.

We are using an Allen and Heath sb14/2 Broadcast Mixer, Microphones and Proppfrexx. What I want, is to be able to get the DJ Players on Proppfrexx to come through one stereo channel on Allen & Heath so I can control the DJ Player levels when using the Microphone, instead of using talkover, the less the Young People have clicking buttons the better as no doubt they will mess up the settings.

Aslo I want to be able to trigger the DJ Players via Hot Keys, is there a unit I can purchase just so they can hit a blue button for DJ Player 1 red for DJ Player 2 etc etc (for example). I was thinking of getting a numeric keypad just to control start stop DJ Players, if that's possible.

Any help would be truly welcomed.

Thanks

Dave
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Simple set up for Young People

Post by radio42 »

You might use the SB14/2's internal USB soundcard within ProppFrexx ONAIR. Or any other soundcard and connect that to the SB14/2 input.
I am not sure what you are missing here? Just create a related Mixer Output channel within ProppFrexx and set the routing in the general settings accordingly.

To let the 'users' not click any/all buttons, you can activate the UAC (User Access Control) feature within ProppFrexx and create a user profile with very limited rights - this can e.g. prevent the users from changing any mixer or routing settings.
UAC requires the Enterprise Edition.

To remote control ProppFrexx there are various options:
- HotKeys via a dedicated (e.g. programmable) keyboard
- any standard MIDI controller (e.g. using TouchPads)
- Velleman or IO-Warrior interface cards as alrady explained here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1616