New mix settings

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
djbony
Re: New mix settings

Post by djbony »

Hi Bernd,
here is two recorded files: http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/JR4BP3IFDES3DZEV-KUF

First from On-Air, second is recorded from seque editor. It's proof that MixIn doesn't work correctly. I have set MixIn in jingle category to the Ramp. In seque editor is all ok, but onair not... Jingle starts with Next point of previous song, but next song start earlier (about earlier Ramp - MixIn was applied to the next song instead of with jingle)...

The interesting thing is that it's not always :?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

From those files I cannot really hear or proove anything.
Please post what exact media entry types each file is having. What exact mixin settings you are using and then also send the two files so that I can see what cue points they have.
As far as all my test go all works as expected and as designed.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Here is that files: http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/JSH7PI63NWSKDJ75-AL3

Mix-In options are:
In Music category Full-Level, in Jingle category Ramp 1. But as I wrote. It's not always...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As software is typical doing 100% the same thing each time, there must be some pattern when it does not work.
So far I cannot reproduce what you write. Here it so far always works fine.

However, if it not works on your side, is that in the SegueEditor or in the DJ Players?
djbony

Post by djbony »

In SequeEditor it's all OK. DJ Players sometimes mixing wrong as I wrote... I will add that we are talking about automatic mode. I not adjust anything in sequeeditor. I only looked, how it looks and plays
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As already written:
Note, that some Mix settings are destructive, e.g.:
"Full-Level, but don't fade in" AND "Cue-In, but start from beginning": these mode can NOT be used subsequently and are destructive, as they remove an existing cue-point! So use them with care and ONLY for automatic playback, as you might not re-edit them once the cue-points have been removed! This means, this mode can NOT be used in the Segue-Editor and later again in the DJ-Players; but ONLY during automated playback! Opening the Segue-Editor ('just looking') will ALREADY change the cue-points with these MixIn modes!

However, you said, that you are using the non-destructive modes: "Full-Level" resp. "Ramp 1" modes! So here it should never happen.

So what I did (to test your tracks) is the following was:
1) I set the MixIn option for the 'Music' media type to 'Full-Level'
2) I set the MixIn option for the 'Jingle' media type to 'Ramp 1'
3) I created a new playlist and added the 3 tracks to it in this order: 1. ZZ Top, 2. Jingle, 3. The Pretenders
4) I then played the playlist about 20 times all over again and again
-> Result:
all fine, the Jingle started a bit early (as expected, so that the Jingle's 'Full-Level' matched ZZ Top's 'Next' cue-point; and The Pretenders started at Cue-In with the Jingles's 'Next' cue-point.

5) Now I repeated 3) to 4) another 20 times, but I opened the Segue-Editor before the effective segue... (just looking at it).
-> Result:
exactly as above.

So I am unfortunately completely unable to reproduce your issue.
Maybe you can do the same and tell me where/when/how exactly you can reproduce the issue?!
djbony

Post by djbony »

I try reinstall Propp and W10 maybe... In a previous upgrade PFOA generated error and could not run. Perhaps there is an error somewhere in the registry or settings.
djbony

Post by djbony »

Hi Bernd,
Sometimes it happens that when the MixIn unknown reason fails at the beginning of the track, next track starts on the MixIn time before Next CuePoint... Try Jingle with MixIn than for example Youssou`n Dour & Neneh Cherry - 7 Seconds, jingle with mixin and Youssou`n Dour & Neneh Cherry - 7 Seconds again....
djbony

Post by djbony »

Files is here: http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/KWTAWK56MH65V388-VCY

My settings for MixIn:
Music - MixIn as FullIn
Jingle - MixIn as Ramp1
Promo - MixIn as Ramp1

Thanx.
djbony

Post by djbony »