Send Test Mail not functioning as expected

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Havenstad FM
Send Test Mail not functioning as expected

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Just a minor issue...

In the Mail Settings dialogue You added the Test button to send a test email message. This test is only working if the Email Address textbox contains an email address. However, the tooltip on the email address states 'Leave empty to use your registration e-mail address'.

My expectation is that in case i leave the email address empty, the test message would be send to my registration email address, but that is not happening.

Also, there is no check on the validity of the email address if i do fill it, which i think is almost a standard nowadays. (Just be careful not to exclude email addresses with 2 points in the domain - they do exist)

Regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Send Test Mail not functioning as expected

Post by radio42 »

The Test button says:
"Send Test Mail:
Sends a test mail to the above entered mail address using the SMTP credentials."

So yes, maybe you are expecting a different thing, but the test button always uses the 'above entered mail address' works today like this.
The hint you are referring to relates to the SMTP mail address usage for the rest of the application, which is different than the Test-Button usage!

I do not perform an extra validation, because you will see that with the Test button - that's the reason for it!
So it is useless to add an extra validation there ;-)
Havenstad FM
Re: Send Test Mail not functioning as expected

Post by Havenstad FM »

Hi Bernd,

Very well, a fine example of different perspectives.
Everything works as you describe it, so i will adjust my expectation... :)

Regards,

Jack Reitsema
ITC Havenstad.FM