Error Source: Bass.Net.Void .ctor(Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.TAG_INFO)

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
vytaut11

Post by vytaut11 »

I had OnAir crach with next error message. What cause this problem? OS is WIN10 - upgrade from Win8.1. On Win8.1 I didn't have such a craches.

30.07.2016 1:09:19 [v4.0.1.50]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
********** System Stack Trace **********
at Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.TAG_INFO..ctor(TAG_INFO clone)
at Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.TAG_INFO.Clone()
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry..ctor(MediaEntry entryToClone, Boolean flat)
at ProppFrexx.MediaEntry.Clone(Boolean flat)
at ProppFrexx.PlayerHelper.SaveTrackData(MediaEntry entry, SaveMetaDataType what, AutoSaveMetaDataWith from)
at ProppFrexx.SingleTrack.yCiA()
at ProppFrexx.SingleTrack.SingleTrackStop()
at ProppFrexx.SingleTrack.SingleTrackClosed()
at ProppFrexx.SegueEditorControl.Close(Boolean save)
at ProppFrexx.MultiTrackEditor.vCDi(Object , FormClosingEventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Error Source: Bass.Net.Void .ctor(Un4seen.Bass.AddOn.Tags.TAG_INFO)

Post by radio42 »

Looks like this error only happened with a particular audio file? So it might be, that the audio file had a corrupt TAG data entry.
Or can you reproduce that error with any file?
If it happens only with a particular file, please send this to me, as it still shouldn't raise an exception.
But to be sure I need some time to investigate all possible cases.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have further analyzed the code and couldn't find any reason, why this error could have happened, nor was I able to reproduce it when using the Segue Editor also using Win 10. However, it is evident, that it happend in your case...
So at the moment I can only assume (what I have written above), that it must be some mysterious issue with a defect audio file.

As such, again my question:
Can you reproduce the issue? Or does it only happen with a particular file. If yes, please send me that file.

Thanks
vytaut11

Post by vytaut11 »

I said to DJ-s in case they have same situation the should copy error message and remember the song they are played at this moment. There was some crashes more, but I don't have an error reports (I don't know is it from same reason). Now I should wait for feedback. I will let you know about details.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

All errors are saved to a file called "Error.log" which is contained in your ProppFrexx AppUserData folder. However the current track needs to remembered yourself. So you can already send me that specific Error.log file to take a look at.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for sending me your Error.log file and the additional information about the fact, that your PC often crashes with a "bad_pool_header" error.

First: As the TAG_INFO error indeed only happend once, I really assume, that a certain audio file is corrupt.

The other errors in the Error.log file are there:
“Message: RegisterDockPanel XtraActiveChildID == -1 : Group Container”

This error resp. warning indicates, that the file “ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout” is corrupt. I assume, that this is a result of a previous blue screen/crash you indicated.
So please close PF and then delete this file. It is contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder.
Then restart PF.

The blue screen errors, especially any “bad_pool_header” are in most cases either hardware errors or system driver issues or errors of drivers within the registry.
Unfortunately these errors are not related to ProppFrexx, but (as said) to other system drivers or the hardware.
As you indicated, that also your sound card makes a strange noise before the blue screen, this might indicate, that maybe your sound card/driver is the root cause. Maybe you can get a newer driver or check with your hardware vendor, if the sound card or any other hardware has a defect?

Thus the above mentioned .layout error is most probably also due to the fact, that your PC crashed with a blue-screen and as such the .layout file got corrupt.

I am a bit sorry about this, but I am afraid, that I cannot help much with the blue screens errors/crashes.

Many Greets,
Bernd
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

radio42 wrote:The other errors in the Error.log file are there:
“Message: RegisterDockPanel XtraActiveChildID == -1 : Group Container”

This error resp. warning indicates, that the file “ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout” is corrupt. I assume, that this is a result of a previous blue screen/crash you indicated.
So please close PF and then delete this file. It is contained in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder.
Then restart PF.
While irrelevant to the core problem vytaut11 had, I get that error in my Error.log even after deleting the layout file.
Bo98A

Post by Bo98A »

radio42 wrote:Have you closed PF before deleting the .layout file?
Else the file might be re-created...
Yes.
radio42 wrote:However, even if you get this message, this is really just a warning I am writing out internally. All windows should still be created fine, as I took resp. care for that. The warning/error message was once there to prove an old outdated error with the UI lib vendor, which was fixed for quite some time right now; I simply never removed that message check from my code, which I guess I can now do ;-)
So nothing to worry about.
Yes, I hadn't mentioned until now as it seemed to be an informational message/warning and not a critical error/exception, and I had the same message on all PCs I've checked so I assumed it was normal. I have noticed no issue at all with any of the windows.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you closed PF before deleting the .layout file?
Else the file might be re-created...
However, even if you get this message, this is really just a warning I am writing out internally. All windows should still be created fine, as I took resp. care for that. The warning/error message was once there to prove an old outdated error with the UI lib vendor, which was fixed for quite some time right now; I simply never removed that message check from my code, which I guess I can now do ;-)
So nothing to worry about.