Playlist resumes during the overlay

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
ExIT_FM
Playlist resumes during the overlay

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi Bernd,

Yesterday I set up my news overlay to play out in every hour from 7am to 4pm. In the morning (first 3-4 occurences) everything was fine. After 11am the overlay showed up and started to play out in the right time (x:00 +/- 3 mins) but in the middle of the overlay the playlist started to play the next song with the overlay.
As you can see/hear in the attached video, the overlay steps to the next track even if its not finished yet. News tracks have not been changed since morning.
Other thing is, the time code window flashing suspicious. I've also attached the overlay setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUARH9BiKYU
news_ovl_setup.png
news_ovl_setup.png (31.59 KiB) Viewed 5978 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Playlist resumes during the overlay

Post by radio42 »

That looks indeed strange.
I assume, that some meta data is not correctly set with some files, but it is hard to investigate without the related tracks.
Can you probably zip me all relevant news files from the related News folder (incl. the Overlay Closer Track) and send this over to me in order to let me reproduce this.
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

E-mail sent.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for providing the files. I could not reproduce the issue myself, but as you said, that you replace the news files in the background, I assume, that the current file/metadata caching might have returned a duration of an older resp. previous news entry; which lead to an incorrect timing during playback.
So please try the new v4.0.1.66-beta (see "Check for Beta-Versions...", located under the blue question mark icon at the very top right). In this version I have actually removed the file/metadata caching for News tracks (as it is anyhow not really useful) ... which should hopefully prevent this from happening again.
ExIT_FM

Post by ExIT_FM »

Hi Bernd,

I've made a few tests and it seems to working fine now. Thanks for the quick help!

Regards,
David