Generate more than one voicetrack session

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Bumperke
Generate more than one voicetrack session

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.

Our dj's asked me if there is an opportunity to select en download more than one session at the time? All dj's are horizontal programmed and create them programs for the listeners. A lot ( including me) however, do not have a lot of time. They have to download every playlist for every separate hour,* and of course wait for the upload t happen.
Not able to already start a new show. The process is reliable but slowing down at the same time.

What I am asking?

I want to select more than one voicetrack session at the time, is there a way to create that?
When I upload the session, it blocks PF, can the upload process uploads in the background so we can go on?

Hope for a positive reaction.
Thxs in advance
Will

* we choose separate hours to be shure the playlist is generated in an one hour window.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Generate more than one voicetrack session

Post by radio42 »

A single (remote) DJ can already start multiple voice track sessions in parallel and have them downloaded locally - see the Remote Voice Tracking Wizard's 'Select Existing Session' button to continue with an already downloaded session.
Once he finished with any, he can upload that specific one and then continue with the others he already downloaded - see the 'Upload Last RVT Session...'.
However the same program/playlist can only be downloaded by one DJ at a time; i.e. there cannot be 2 DJs working remotely in parallel (but this is anyhow not what you are asking).
So what you are asking is already supported today!

I can take a look, if I might span the upload into a background thread; but I assume, that the upload time wouldn't take too long, as only the recorded voice over files would be uploaded and that should be fairly quick.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 24 Sep 2017 12:54 A single (remote) DJ can already start multiple voice track sessions in parallel and have them downloaded locally - see the Remote Voice Tracking Wizard's 'Select Existing Session' button to continue with an already downloaded session.
Once he finished with any, he can upload that specific one and then continue with the others he already downloaded - see the 'Upload Last RVT Session...'.
However the same program/playlist can only be downloaded by one DJ at a time; i.e. there cannot be 2 DJs working remotely in parallel (but this is anyhow not what you are asking).
So what you are asking is already supported today!

I can take a look, if I might span the upload into a background thread; but I assume, that the upload time wouldn't take too long, as only the recorded voice over files would be uploaded and that should be fairly quick.
You can only select one program at the time.
Eg, i make ten hours every week, everyday 7-9. Is it possible to select Monday, Tuesday ect? Perhaps the question now is more clear.
We also do a lot of extra items and more in our shows, so there is a lot to upload.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I understand you. But I am not sure, if that is really possible.
I will double-check,but so far you need to download each program one by one.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 24 Sep 2017 14:57 Now I understand you. But I am not sure, if that is really possible.
I will double-check,but so far you need to download each program one by one.
Yeah I know, hope you can bring some good news on both my questions,
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please try the latest v4.0.3.77-update.

The download wizard now contains a '+' button; which can be used after you selected a main remote program to download, and allows you to specify additional programs to download as well.
Furthermore are the download as well as the upload wizard now modeless; which means while you upload or download a remote program you might minimize them to continue your other work.
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

Hello Bernd, it looks promising. How ever when i actually select two different hours (or shows) it's all pressed in only one folder. Eg. I want to download three different hours, all will be shown in PF as one playlist instead of three different hours.
Will
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

How are those entries present in your server's program scheduler? If they are present as one entry all will be in one folder.
I.e. for each selected program entry there will be one related folder - just tested it here and it worked just fine.
You don't download hours, but program scheduler entries...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Here is a video demonstrating the new feature; as you can see, for each selected remote program, a new folder is created.
https://youtu.be/hWYW71mJKVA
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote: 14 Oct 2017 17:24 How are those entries present in your server's program scheduler? If they are present as one entry all will be in one folder.
Yes they are. Strangly thats what i did exactly. Unfortunatly there was no sound in the video, was that on purpose?
You wrote earlier that there might be some settings wrong, van that still be?
BTW, thxs for allowing us to shrink the upload screen, thats a real time saver.
Will