video display window

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
moogwill
video display window

Post by moogwill »

Hi Bernd,

As I can see with mpeg in the last update a lot of video oriented format are now playable in PF, Could it be a opportyunity to ask for a simple video rendering window (no specific video editing, switching or mixing) just a simple window to render the associated video.
Maybe you can have a look at video in cubase, there you can work with the audio and there's a simple video window.
For those of us that are doing an hybrid radio with video content, it could be a very simple way to integrate some more content.
Using a external third party software like VLC to integrate some video is not very easy and result small scheduling possibilities.
I know that proppfrexx isn't video oriented and by the way, it's probably much better like this, but having this little window would make a very big difference.

Thanks.
moogwill
Re: video display window

Post by moogwill »

Ok I perfectly understand that, but by the way, would a sync solution may do it? using MMC or MTC maybe
Last edited by moogwill on 16 Oct 2017 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

I know that excellent dutch Radio 538 got a system that synchronize a video server with the audio of their broadcast software (I think they're using dalet) I also know that ableton synchronize audio to video using somme "beat sync"
moogwill

Post by moogwill »

http://www.mtcvideoslave.at/ usinc MTC to slave a video...

But I'll think to do that with VLC in a more simple way.

can a command be a file in a library?

I mean for tracks I have a video, I could TCP remote VLC to play the file, getting back the audio in the mixer, and the file will be played and history saved like a normal track. Then I would be able to manage video rotations just as a normal audio tracks or overlays... Right or not?
percramer

Post by percramer »

Hi,

we have got a video sync that works with ProppFrexx. You need to setup a few command in pf so that our video server knows what tracks are coming up etc. It is part of our visual radio software. So you can send me an email on the address Bernd mentioned.

538 doesn't use Dalet by the way. They are running Omniplayer in combination with VidiGo (now owned by ChyronHego). But that is a package that will set you back a rough 20k (in euro's). Compare that to the ProppFrexx prices...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There are no plans to integrate any video at this point, I am sorry.

The audio engine I am using doesn’t support any video rendering at this point, thus it is simply impossible without changing the audio engine as well. And I have no plan to do so.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A) a regular file has no MIDI time code

B) you can assign control-commands to any position within a regular audio track. So you can try this option yourself using VLC already

C) no, a command by itself cannot be a media entry in a library

D) please contact p.cramer@ropesolutions.nl As far I know do they provide a video sync solution for ProppFrexx.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don’t have know or own one. Also all the cue-point alignment in ProppFrexx is almost impossible to have sync really in place. But if you have one, that’s good.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If you have a couple of thousand Euros per license all is possible. But as said, I have nothing planned for now.