Voicetrack issue - Start at the beginning

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
andrerotgans
Voicetrack issue - Start at the beginning

Post by andrerotgans »

Hi Bernd,

When doing so test-voicetracks I came upon a bug (or at least, I think it's a bug).
Workflow :
- New - Playlist template wizard
- Picked a day/timeslot and a script template
- choose Auto Start Voicetracking, Create Program Scheduler entry, Resolve overlays to playlist. Didn't choose Copy all tracks to folder and skip empty overlays
- Used the Next Playlist Placeholder to skip to the first VT position, did the voicetrack, no problem.
- Used the Next Playlist Placeholder again to go to the next VT position.

At that point, I noticed that the A-track was positioned at the beginning of the track instead of the normal position (30s or-so before the end) Fixed it by exiting the VT window, manually selection the VT position again and starting the VT. This time it was ok. Used the Next Placeholder again, jumped to the next VT position and the same thing (start at the beginning).
I've attached a screencap of the VT window at that moment.
20140716_VT_Issue.png
20140716_VT_Issue.png (100.67 KiB) Viewed 4094 times

I've tested it several times after that, couldn't reconstruct it every time, but it happens 6 out of 10 times.

I'm using the last version of PFOA at this moment, 3.0.14.04. I remember having seen it in earlier versions, but as I don't use Voicetracking a lot (personally, our DJ's do use it) I didn't recognize it as a bug, just thought it was a one-time glitch.

Kind regards,

André
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voicetrack issue - Start at the beginning

Post by radio42 »

I tried exactly your scenario but can not reproduce that here!
Can we do a TeamViewer session to check what exactly you are doing (and your settings)?
(PM me, when available, e.g. tomorrow...)

And one more question: If the scenario you described happened; what if you press the RESET ALL' button in such situation?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Voicetrack issue - Start at the beginning

Post by radio42 »

Should now be fixed in v3.0.14.6.