OwerLay

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
djanji
OwerLay

Post by djanji »

I have a problem and I wander if there is solution to it. I do replay all the shows from morning program to afternoon for to get the quota for the content that I have to play. The simplest way was that I preprogram all the show for afternoon and everyday I just rewrite the files which were already programed in overlay. Simple as that and overlay automatically play the new show every day. But now when I last updated the Propp every OL that is longer than the one I programed it automatically mix it on the time of programed overlay time. (For example: I programmed and the beginning of the year show NEWS 1815.mp3 for whole year. The longed was 05:45 if the nex day the same file NEWS 1815.mp3 is longer than 05:45 it will be automatically mixed at that time if shorter than it will be played till the end of time and mix normally). Now if the Is there any other way to programed my overlays and it would play normally or do I have to manually every day programed all the show for afternoon to be played?
Please help me Bernd.

Regards
Jani
radio42
Site Admin
Re: OwerLay

Post by radio42 »

Sounds like your asked the same question here?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1294

The same questions as asked above seem to be valid here.

I also do not fully understand what you are actually doing?
Sounds like you schedule 5 or 6 hours shows as Overlays?
Overlays do normally play only short content over a regular program.
So why don't you schedule your shows as regular program entries?

However, you say you replace your files being played by the overlay.
If you overwrite a file which is being played by the overlay make sure this is done before the overlay is being started!! Maybe this is your issue?!
Once the overlay is started the duration and timing of the overlay tracks are calculated. So changing the files afterwards is not supported and will lead to incorrect results.

Please post me your overlay and program scheduler calendar files to let me understand what you are doing!

Plus take a look to the answers in your other post!