Disconnect at playlist end

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Joche
Disconnect at playlist end

Post by Joche »

Hello,
I might be stupid but I hope to get some help...
I want ProppFrexx to automagically disconnect from the shoutcast server at the end of a playlist i.e. I wanna start a broadcast with voicetrack and head of to work and want PF to disconnect when the broadcast comes to an end. How the heck do I do it? I tried to find a suitable event but no :-)
Station manager | THE BEAT, Sweden | www.thebeat.se
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Disconnect at playlist end

Post by radio42 »

You might try the event "Playlist.OnClosed" see general settings, section 'Events/Commands' and there you might call the STREAMING_SERVER_STOP_ALL or STREAMING_SERVER_STOP control-command.
Joche

Post by Joche »

Are you sure that would work? The playlist won't close when it comes to end, or?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

When automatically started from within the Scheduler it would be closed with the start of the next playlist.
And I assume you want that to happen in automation mode, as when in Live(-Assist) mode and you are operating things manually, you could also manually close it. As when operating things manually, there is no definite end of a playlist.
And above you said, that you want things to happen automatically?
Else I am afraid I do not understand your question resp. your use case...
Joche

Post by Joche »

Hello again,
I dont use the sheduler, I only start a playlist (from template) and let it autoplay as soon as the stream is connected.
A solution would be if it were possible to add control commands to a playlist. In that case I would be able to add a command to disconnect the stream and stop the recording at the end of the playlist.

I am not familiar with the scheduler. Is it possible to have the scheduler to start the stream and autoplay a playlist when the stream is connected? Is it possible for the scheduler to send control commands? i.e send a http-request to kick the current source from the shoutcast for example?
Joche

Post by Joche »

The thing is that I start off manually (exactly the way you describe above), but after I started it I wanna leave home and let the automation run until the end and after that I want ProppFrexx to disconnect from the streaming server.
Since you don't have a solution for this now, would it be possbile to add to the wish list the ability to add a control command as a playlist entry? That would solve my user case. :-)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, I place it on the wish list.

However, you can also add a Reminder entry to the program scheduler to let the streaming server stop at least at a given time.
E.g. that will stop your streaming server at an exact given time!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But if you manually operate it, you could also manually close the playlist and as such the stream would automatically disconnect when using the above "Playlist.OnClosed" event.
As said in manual (Live-Assist) mode there is never a defined end of a playlist.
E.g. the DJ might still moderate via the MIC at the natural end of the playlist and then after a few seconds add new entries to the playlist.

The scheduler can start (and stop) a playlist at a given time and when this happens you can trigger certain control-commands.
E.g. you could automatically start your streaming server when a new playlist is opened/started.
Beside the global events (as mentioned) you can also define control-commands with program scheduler related events.
E.g. "OnProgramStarting", "OnProgramStarted", "OnProgramStopping", "OnProgramStopped" etc.

But there is no out-of-the-box synchronization available which let things wait until your streaming server is available.
But...you can implement the synchronization yourself within ProppFrexx.

Consider the following:
a) When a new playlist is created (e.g. like today when you create it manually via a Template) do NOT hit AutoPlay!
But via the global event "Playlist.OnOpened" (or a 'User Comamnd' button) you might trigger the start of your Streaming-Server, e.g. via the "STREAMING_SERVER_START servername" command as well you might use a second command "EXEC_SEND_HTTP_GET" to kick the streaming source.

b) In the related streaming server instance (see the streaming server configuration dialog, 'Control-Commands...' button) you can use the "On Server Started" event and in here use the "PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON" command.
This will start AutoPlay of the current playlist once the streaming server is connected.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You might now also try the new v3.0.15.2-beta version.
It is currently only available from the “Check for Beta-Version…” menu item; which is located under the blue question-mark icon at the very top right of the main window.

A new general "Playlist.OnEnd" event has been added. That event is being triggered once all DJ Players of a playlist are empty and thus no more playlist entries are to be played when in AUtoPlay mode.