Voice Tracking & PFL bugs

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
amaurydixx
Voice Tracking & PFL bugs

Post by amaurydixx »

Hi,

I think there is some bugs on the new version 3.0.15.1
These bugs are very important and made, for this, ProppFrexx unusable.

1. PFL volume : When I start proppfrexx everything works fine. But after few minutes using the Voice Track, the Auto Pfl doesn't work anymore. Even if i click on "SND" nothing happens. At this moment the sound in my headphone is very very loud. The problem is the same with the Segue Editor. Before, when i opened the Segue Editor and clicked "play", the sound from the Out source was mute in my headphone but not now.

2 VREC directory : Before the the VREC was recorded in the playlist directory. Not in the 3.0.15.1 version. I have to change the directory manually and it is very boring.

Sorry for my English and thank you in advance.
I'm very very embarassed with these bugs because i can't use proppfrexx anymore (unable to use Voice Tracking).

Amaury
amaurydixx
Re: Voice Tracking & PFL bugs

Post by amaurydixx »

Previously, when I opened the "Voice Tracking Editor" the sound was mute in my headphone.
Right now, the sound is already present.

In the Segue Editor, when I push the play button, the sound was mute in my headphone...not anymore.

And the sound in my headphone is very loud.
More than previoulsly.

If I click on the SND button in the OUT channel, the sound continue to play in the PFL channel (headphone).

I think it will be easier to understand the problem with a TeamViewer session.

How roll back the update?

Thank you.
amaurydixx

Post by amaurydixx »

No change in the mixer setup...
I restored an old backup and i have got the same problem.

I'm using RADMIN.
Could you please download the RADMIN client?
I'll give you an login/password to connect to my server.
Can we exchange these information by email (which email address?) and connect at 16:00?

Thank you.

Amaury
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just click on the icon next to 'Contact:' to send me an mail (see left - there you'll find a mail link)!

But next time please stay with TeamViewer as I do not support tons of different viewers for all the different users!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I would have another 30 minutes for a remote session...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can only repeat myself: all of what you say doesn't happen here!
I just also made a session with another user - and it also worked well with him.

What you say more sounds like you might have changed your mixer setup and as such it is not working anymore...
Especially when you say that your sound is 'louder' than before...

As said, send me your TeamViewer details and we can make a quick session.

There is a 'Previous Version' folder in your installation directory. That contains the backup of the previous version. But do not start PF from within that folder...copy its content up to the main installation folder.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry that you have such problems, other users did not report such issues and I can also not reproduce them here using the latest version.
However, you can go back to the previous version if that was working better for you until the issue is further investigated by me - that shouldn't be any problem?!

Maybe you can also try the v3.0.15.3-beta as available here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1333

But to your points...

1) What do you mean by "Auto Pfl"? Do you mean the "Auto SND2 - No PFL" option of a mixer channel?
What do mean by "even if I click on SND nothing happens...at this moment the sound is very loud"? The VoiceTracking wouldn't increase any PFL volume?!
Can you please explain your exact routing and miser setup settings, as I can not reproduce that issue here.
- how many mixer channels do you have?
- how many physical soundcard channels do you have?
- how is your PFL channel defined?
- how are your other mixer output channels defioned?
- what is your voicetracking recording (source) mixer channel?

2) the VREC directory is only the playlist directory, if invoked from Playlist-Template-Wizard, and this is still the case, at least here in all my tests. Other users have also reported no issues.
Please explain how you invoke the VoiceTracking and how you testing things.

If nothing is helpful, we might do a TeamViewer session.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Seems to be sorted with the latest v3.0.15.4-beta.