Overlay starts delayed with silence

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Overlay starts delayed with silence

Post by radio42 »

Was that happening with the .13 version or still with the latest .18?

Regarding the changed values: What have been the values before?

Are you saying, that the next program should have been started 4min. and 24sec. ahead of its effective start time? Being honest I can not believe that, as when you set the 'Show in Advance' time to 90sec., a new program/playlist would never be created so much time in advance! Note, that the value you are referring to is only a default value. The real 'Show in Advance' time is defined per program scheduler entry.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess I found the issue. It is a combination of various things/states happening at the same time.
It basically might happen, when a current track ends before an Overlay's MaxEarly time is reached (which is already been shown in advance, and thus waiting for the MaxEarly time to begin) AND a new program/playlist was also started in advance in parallel beforehand.

A new v3.0.15.19-beta is now available - so "Checl for Beta-Versions..." !
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I am a bit lost with what you say - especially you didn't answer the most important question:
Was that happening with the .13 version or still with the latest .18?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You again start to mix two unrelated questions and answers into the same post, which causes misunderstandings!

You initially wrote: "Again this morning at 07:00 is happened."
And I asked: "Was that happening with the .13 version or still with the latest .18?"
THIS was related to your overlay silence post topic!

As said: Go back to the .13 - which seemed to stable in your case for months, until I investigated this issue.

Unfortunately I can not reproduce your other issue (1st track of next program starting before the overlay is happening) resp. it might be simply due to your 'Start In Advance' settings.
Note, that you should set your effective Program Start Time a little later than the effective Overlay Start Time.
E.g.
If your Overlay Start Time is defined at 17:00:00 with a Show In Advance Time of 90sec. you
might define your Program Start Time at 17:00:00 with a Show In Advance Time of 70sec.

However, I will first focus on the overlay silence issue!
If you have further details and log info, we can open a 2nd topic about this. Maybe all that was also due to some incorrect TAG info, like you wrote before?!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

One more very IMPORTANT note, as this is the root cause of your issue:

You are starting both the Overlay AND the next Program at exactly the same time. Both have the 'Allow Early' option set - by default this is the 'Show in Advance' time.
But now you have defined a 'Max Early' time for the overlay only. This means, that the next Program might start earlier then your Overlay!

This is also causing the other issue you described (that the 1st track of the next program starts before the Overlay).
In fact, this is correct, since you defined the timing that way!
So the above fix only partially fixes that behavior.

To really overcome that issue you should also define the 'Max Early' time accordingly on the Program entry as weel:
E.g.
Overlay: Start=21:00:00, Show In Advance=90sec., Allow Start Early, Max Early=60sec.
Program: Start=21:00:00, Show In Advance=90sec., Allow Start Early, Max Early=58sec.

That way it is ensured, that the Overlay always starts ahead of the Program!

Finally, this post here was not even a real bug; the behavior was almost by design.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

What happens if I don't set "Max Early" and "Max Late" (let it to default 0) but have only set show "90 secs in advance" and "Max start delay 120secs" to both overlays and programs ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Its the same as setting the Max. Early to the same value (note, that when Max. Early is set to 0 the default is used, which is '90 secs in advance') - that worked perfectly fine in the past for you and as such it should work fine in the future!

So I assume, that the issue did never happen again once you changed back your configuration as suggested above?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I am a little confused.
You 've told me earlier that Program Max Early must be less than Overlay Max Early (eg 58 secs and 60 secs).
Now you say that
Its the same as setting the Max. Early to the same value
If I let Max Early and Max Late to 0, do I need to set Program Show In Advance to 88 secs and Overlay Show In Advance 90 secs ?
Or if both are 90 secs is ok ?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

As said: If that worked perfectly fine in the past for you - it should work fine in the future!
As I said earlier, there were times that the 1st song of next program started before the overlay. This is a rare situation but it is happening.
So I 'll set overlay to start 1 sec earlier than the program and see how it goes.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I never said that you must!
It was a simple recommendation to be really sure, that the timing is okay. They can also be equal (if the effective StartTime of the two are identical).
As said: If that worked perfectly fine in the past for you - it should work fine in the future!

Just make sure, that the effective timing of the 'Program' is NOT ahead of the 'Overlay' (in case both start in parallel at the same time).