Best playlist for OTR

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjcouellette
Best playlist for OTR

Post by fjcouellette »

I have be using Onair for about two years now to broadcast my old time radio programs, with verying success. The task: I have about thirty directories, each containing episodes of a specific old time radio program. The episode entry's are chronological. I want a playlist that will randomly select a folder, in which each folder's episodes will play sequentially; One episode of Lone Ranger, than one episode of Green Hornet, etc. Finally, since each folder has a different number of episodes, I want the folder's contents to start again from the beginning. It would be wonderful if this playlist could be recurring, and, if I haven't asked enough, that it would remember the playing order when Windows crashes or needs to update. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I broadcast locally for home bound persons, especially one person who is blind.
Peace!
Fr. John
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Best playlist for OTR

Post by radio42 »

Sounds like you just need to create 30 playlists each containing the exact sequential order of each episode.
You then use them each as a playlist based media library. As such you have 30 media libs.
From a script you can then create a script line which Sequentially picks an entry from any of your 30 media libs, meaning in the entry column select all 30 libs.
fjcouellette

Post by fjcouellette »

Thank you for your advice. This is what I had been doing but it never properly played the tracks. I am convinced that their is a glitch in my software that is compromising the integrity of the program. You reinforced that I was on the right track.

Thanks again.
fjcouellette

Post by fjcouellette »

On a side note, what should be looking for in my script settings when I see "Warning: Line 1 (name of playlist) possible history count conflict!" ? I see the warning, but have no idea how to resolve it.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It means your media lib used in that script line contains less entries than your history (either script it global) count.
So that line is a candidate to be skipped as all entries might be contained in the history, and as such might be skipped.

To resolve it use the SuppressHistoryCheck scriptline option or decrease the history setting.
fjcouellette

Post by fjcouellette »

Whala! Thanks.
fjcouellette
Stopping an active overlay

Post by fjcouellette »

I have an overlay that I would like to be able to turn off even if it is active at any time I need to. I see no STOP feature on the overlay window, and I cannot find any settings to enable this feature. Please help. Thank you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I assume you are talking about the recurrence of the overlay. You can stop this when you click on the "Recurrence..." button. There you'll find an option to End the recurrence at a certain time.

You if you just want to 'pause' the recurrence, simply delete the scheduler entry and you are then asked if you want to delete the entire series or only this occurrence. As such just delete this occurrence to make an exception on this one.
fjcouellette

Post by fjcouellette »

radio42 wrote:I assume you are talking about the recurrence of the overlay. You can stop this when you click on the "Recurrence..." button. There you'll find an option to End the recurrence at a certain time.

You if you just want to 'pause' the recurrence, simply delete the scheduler entry and you are then asked if you want to delete the entire series or only this occurrence. As such just delete this occurrence to make an exception on this one.
It is the second option; I need to pause the script during countdown or play, but when I deleted the instance during play, it kept on playing. The Scheduler shows it deleted, but doesn't acutally suspend/pause/stop the active script. I have cases where I need to do this in a hurry. Few, and unpredictable, but necessary none the less. Any suggestions? Thanx.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Pausing playback is of course a totally different scenario and deleting a Scheduler entry would of course not stop playback.

You need to the the related overlay option 'AllowCancel' and or the 'AllowModeratorChanges' option with the the entry.
This allows you to eg cancel the current overlay playout at any time.