Commands

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
rvtienhoven
Commands

Post by rvtienhoven »

Hi, I've got a few command questions.

-I use the 'SHOW_ALERT' command, but this alert box disapears to fast. Is there an way to show this alert box longer?

-In V3.x, when I send an message to another user with the message center, the user get on his next login an popup with my message. This popup stay's in the screen. After pressing 'OK' it dissapaers. Since V4.x, there is no automatic pop-up when an user log in and has unreaded messages? Or did i something wrong?

-Is there an command to view and start the 'Stop Watch'? I know that it is possible by pressing the right mouse button on the clock. But an command would be easier for me.

Regards,

Remi
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Commands

Post by radio42 »

The AlertWindow is shown for 7 seconds unless you hoover over it, which keeps it shown.
You might also specify the "Add Alert Text to Message Center" option in the 'More Stuff' general settings, so that you can re-read any alert in the message center.

In v4 the standard user message is only used in case you are not using any Chat-Client or GPIO-Ext - so I guess you are using the one or the other. I'll take a look to optimize that.

You can use the SHOW_COUNTDOWN command.
See the Appendix of the User Manual, it contains all commands!
rvtienhoven

Post by rvtienhoven »

Hi Bernd,

-Is it maybe possible to make an field in the general settings to decide how many seconds all alertwindows are showed?

- I use the GPIO-Ext for the velleman GPIO. I understand that thats the reason why there is no popup shown when an user logged in and have a new message?

-I mean the stopwatch function, so when the timer counts from zero till it stops. I know that there is an function to show the countdown, but i need the stopwatch. I can't find that command in the manual.

Regards,
Remi
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

- no plans for now. I'll take a look.

- yes that's the reason. As explained I'll take a look.

- count from zero and stop where?
rvtienhoven

Post by rvtienhoven »

I have created some printscreens, see the .pdf in this link: https://we.tl/j0rCNGiWIV. I hope you understand what I mean...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

May I ask for what you need that?
As it sounds it might not really be needed for radio broadcasting? At least I do not see any immediate value, but want to understand it first.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.1.36-beta is available!
Please “Check for Beta-Versions…” and try it out…

It adds your various STOPWATCH_SHOW/START/STOP/RESET/CLOSE control-commands.
It should popup the users messages again in a dialog as in v3.
It gives you a configurable Alter Show Time (see general settings, More Stuff).
rvtienhoven

Post by rvtienhoven »

Hi Bernd,
I want to see in my screen how long an current interview is during. I want to start and stop and reset the stopwatch automatic when I open my mic on the analog D&R (via velleman). So, that's the reason ;-)
I've just tried the beta version. The various commands are perfect for me. The popup works also fine.

When I configure an alter show time, for example 19 seconds, and i save my general settings and open the general settings again, the field views zero. The alertwindows hides now quicker than before. Do I something wrong or?

When I close the stopwatch with the X in the right top corner, I can's get it back with the command STOPWATCH_SHOW, only after an full restart of Proppfrexx. When I close the stopwatch with STOPWATCH_CLOSE, I can get it back with STOPWATCH_SHOW.

Regards,
Remi
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Note, that an input mixer channel already has a feature called 'Show On Air Time'.
Just right-click on it the mixer input channel name and select it. It autom. shows the time the mixer channel is open/onair.

Could be a little issue in the beta version with the 'Show Time' for Alerts, I'll take a look.

Yes, you have to still call STOPWATCH_CLOSE, even if you manually closed it...
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A v4.0.1.37-beta is available!
Please “Check for Beta-Versions…” - which should fix the above shortcomings...