Best way to sync metadata

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
TDDxD
Best way to sync metadata

Post by TDDxD »

Hello,

what is the best way to sync metadata between two ProppFrexx instances (whether it be with the metadata editor or with the app itself)? I've added ramps to my main music library and have been relieing on the _synced_.pfp playlist file to sync the ramp and other data.

Now I've added some new music to my folder based media library, did the ramp times on my PC (the ramp times have saved to the _synced_.pfp file). After copying the music files to the playout PC I tried to also copy the _synced_.pfp file with the new ramp times (note the media libraries are the same on my and the playout PC) but ProppFrexx on the playout PC wouldn't want to read the new _synced_.pfp file and always reverted it to the old one (without the new ramp info).

Greetings,
Tilen.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Best way to sync metadata

Post by radio42 »

You should save the Meta Data to the audio file instead when using folder based media libs!
The _synced_.pfp is intended to reflect what is inside the related audio files so this file is not intended to save different data.
When you save the Meta Data to the audio file you carry it directly with the file. The _synced_.pfp of the other PC would be updated automatically with the next rescan.
TDDxD
Re: Best way to sync metadata

Post by TDDxD »

Ahh I see.

I thought that the ramp metadata resided in the _synced_.pfp file instead of in the song itself.

Thank you for the help.

Greetings,
Tilen.