A wrong song was chosen

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
A wrong song was chosen

Post by hdradio »

I am trying to understand why during script playback a song (that should never play) with rating 0 was chosen.
The script had "Rating value>=80". I opened the tag editor and it shows Rating 0.
When this happened I copied the script filter and pasted it to find window. This song did not appear in search results.
What else can be wrong ?
Last edited by hdradio on 17 Jul 2016 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: A wrong song was chosen

Post by radio42 »

Without your exect script and track I can of course not say that.
But you also asked once, if a script-line can be skipped. And I explained, that this can happen, if your history was violated. This might be the case here for example. There might be one or to other cases, like deferred entries resulting from script rule if you use them etc.
But just what you say I can of course not examine this.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I understand that a script line can be skipped if violates the history. But this time that line did not skip. It chose a song that had different rating. And it did not show in search results in Find Window.
I don't want this to happen again that's why I am trying to find if I have done something wrong or in what other cases it can happen.

I 'll send you the script and track to check it out.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

How do you know that the related track was from exactly this script-line? And BRE which script line should it be in your script?
Did you checked the the 'Source Info' column in the playlist window?
I also do not understand you Find Window rest??!

I am pretty sure that the filter works very well and correctly.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I know that it was from line 18 of my script because I have set to show a column of "Source info". I saw that there.
What is BRE ?
My find window test was:
I went to script editor and copied the filter of line 18. I closed the script editor. I went to Find window and pasted the filter. The result did not have that song. But it was chosen by script.
That song has Rating 0. I rate 0 songs that I never want to be scheduled and I have never set a filter to chose that "Rating value".
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

BRE was an auto-correct typo in my editor...

However, if the Find Window did not result it, the script wouldn't either, as they both share exactly the same code....so I can really not tell what you think you saw...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

.so I can really not tell what you think you saw...
Even if I am wrong to what I think I saw, I am absolutely sure that the song I heard was one that had rating 0 and I double checked this. Also if even if I saw wrong about the script line that chose that song, I double checked ALL the script lines and ALL of them have "Rating Value" >= 80.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just made some more tests and used exactly your script, but just exchanged your media lib with mine and adjusted the Genre filter accordingly and also used your track here...and then I let it select several thousand tracks from that script... and it never had chosen a track with an invalid 'Rating Value'.

So I can only assume, that then track in question once had a 'Rating Value >= 80' and then this value was changed back to 0 and your media lib was not refreshed in between... else that this scenario I can absolutely not reproduce that here.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If ALL your script-lines have that same filter (Rating >= 80), I could not explain how this should happen, except that the track in question infact had a rating value of 80 or above set within its meta data within the loaded media lib.
E.g. it had a initial rating of 80 and it was modified to 0 later on, but the media lib was not reloaded in between.

Else that this I have never see it happening and I also do not see any other logical possibility.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

It's been months since change of this file tag.
What can I say more ?