ProppFrexx in combination with D&R Webstation, don't communicate

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx in combination with D&R Webstation, don't communicate

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for your screenshots.
It seems, that you are using the same port number for both, the TCP RemoteControl Server Port, as well as the GPIO Ext. Service Port. This will be a conflict, as you should specify a different port for each (like in the default values).

So please specify a different port for each and adjust your settings. EG. if you change the port for the GPIO Ext. Service you need to adjust the connection in the GPIO Client accordingly. After, please try again.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 06 Oct 2021 23:39 Thanks for your screenshots.
It seems, that you are using the same port number for both, the TCP RemoteControl Server Port, as well as the GPIO Ext. Service Port. This will be a conflict, as you should specify a different port for each (like in the default values).

So please specify a different port for each and adjust your settings. EG. if you change the port for the GPIO Ext. Service you need to adjust the connection in the GPIO Client accordingly. After, please try again.
Thank for your quick reply! I have set the port of the TCP to another number. It still doesn't work. Maybe a sidenote: i am starting the GPIO-client manually by myself. Is it possible that could cause any problems?

After some troubleshooting i can say that the problem has to do something with the connection of the GPIO-client and ProppFrexx. In some way they don't communicatie to each other. Mixer is doing fine with the GPIO, as you can see in the logs! Also i checked the same commands in the Keyboard Control Mapper and there are the commands working fine.

Hopefully you could help me further, i am really appreciating your effort ;)!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I guess this post/answer from Michael67 belong to your question: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... 977#p15977

But you are right, the issue seems to be the communication between the GPIO client and ProppFrexx ONAIR.
Sowjets did you change the default values? Please try them as in the above post.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

radio42 wrote: 07 Oct 2021 08:42 I guess this post/answer from Michael67 belong to your question: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... 977#p15977

But you are right, the issue seems to be the communication between the GPIO client and ProppFrexx ONAIR.
Sowjets did you change the default values? Please try them as in the above post.
change GPIO Ext service from 4767 to 9042

change recieve port 18152 to 19550 and send port from 18153 to 19551

If I apply your settings here, it will not work either.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 07 Oct 2021 08:42 I guess this post/answer from Michael67 belong to your question: https://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/foru ... 977#p15977

I did change the default values and i took other ports for the TCP and the GPIO-client. But still: no connection. If i do the default port 9042 it gives a connection error too.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

Michel67 wrote: 07 Oct 2021 09:06

change GPIO Ext service from 4767 to 9042

change recieve port 18152 to 19550 and send port from 18153 to 19551

If I apply your settings here, it will not work either.
When i change it to 9042 it won't even make a connection, i get a connection error: 'Kan geen verbinding maken omdat de doelcomputer de verbinding actief heeft geweigerd: 127.0.0.1:9042.

If i change the receive port and send port to that ports (that are used by the Airlite), i have no connection with the D&R Webstation. The webstation is working with other ports. Maybe you could take a look with TeamViewer to see what's wrong? Or do you know another solution?
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

Airlite Control status?
airlite control.JPG
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I hope you have changed it on both sides: ProppFrexx ONAIR and the GPIO Client!
Further many systems don’t work with the local host address 127.0.0.1. So please use the real IP address instead.
royblokzijl

Post by royblokzijl »

radio42 wrote: 13 Oct 2021 20:34 I hope you have changed it on both sides: ProppFrexx ONAIR and the GPIO Client!
Further many systems don’t work with the local host address 127.0.0.1. So please use the real IP address instead.
Hi! Many thanks for all the support. I tried to fix the problem with the ports Michel gave me and i tried to fix it to use my own ip instead of localhost. Unfortunately it still won't work. And yes, if i changed the port on the GPIO client main tab i also did that on the GPIO settings in Propfrexx Onair.

Is there something i don't see or has it anything to do with my Firewall/Virusscanner?