Metatag info by live streams

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
WimHP
Metatag info by live streams

Post by WimHP »

Hello,

I have some programms with live streams and then the metadata is not displayed. What are the institutions?

Wim
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Metatag info by live streams

Post by radio42 »

Where is it not displayed? When you stream also audio from a playlist, the song title info is automatically updated from the track currently playing in ProppFexxx.

But if you want to update the song title of a live stream which is for example taken as an input from an external device and no meta data is available, you can still manually update it, by using e.g. the STREAMING_SETSONGTITLE control-command - see the user manual appendix for details.
Alternatively you can do that also manally, when you select the streaming server and make a right-click to manually set the song title.
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Hi Bernd,
Thanks for the answer. I see the metatag info from a live stream in ProppFrexx. But it is not displayed in Icecast and Shoutcast. When i have broadcast music or programms from the server then the metatag is displayed.

Wim
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then you need to explain in detail how and where you play that ‚broadcast‘ music. And where you ‚see’ the meta data changing?
Is it via a DJ Player and Script, if yes how does the script look like, via a MODStream Player, …
What are your playlist settings (eg. Update Stream Title in Playlist….)?
Any specific Streaming Settings regarding the Title Update and Format…?

Many questions, but many ways…
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Hello,

Again thanks for the quick answer! Yes, i think that there is something not good in the settings of ProppFrexx. Where can i find the update playlist for tracking info? Maybe i can give you via e-mail my password and you can look by yourself.

Wim

info@hollandspalet.nl
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

See General Settings, section Playlist Settings - there you find exactly that option.
I can not do personal remote support - a partner of mine might do a support case if you want?
But maybe you can explain the rest?
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for answer. I understand.

By the way, the checkmark in the playlist is on, but it doesn't help.

I try to explain it: if I have put a live stream in a script on a line in PF, the metadata is not sent along. The metadata can be seen in PF but Shoutcast apparently does not get it. For example, if I randomly select a folder on another line, I will see the metadata. The 'news' is also visible even though I entered 'metadata' in the menu exclude news.

It's hard to explain. Shall I approach Per Cramer?

Greeting,
Wim
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What script-line mode is used in the script line? And what URL is it, so that I can test it.
If I understand you correctly, you can see the meta data changing in the DJ Player?!
You can even use the Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged event (see the general settings) and for example use the SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW ${trackname} command to show what is send to the streaming server.
The same is shown in the status bar of the Network Streaming Server dock panel window (just make it visible if not shown).
Now you can see, what is sent to the server!

When you exclude something in the general settings for song title updates for streaming, note, that you specify the media entry types you want to exclude.
Sounds like here is your issue.
Maybe the issue is the same for News as for your stream URL?

And yes, you can contact Per Cramer for help of course - but as said, that is not for free of course, but if you can not make progress here with all that help, this might be very usefull.
Thanks
WimHP

Post by WimHP »

Hello,

script line 'load track' https://radioliverpool.radioca.st/stream
typ Internet stream and not excluded

Wim
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Just tested your stream, but I am sorry, it does not contain or update any meta data!
I even tested it with Winamp and VLC - no meta data update. It only returns the initial Station Name "Radio Liverpool", but the song title is only "<html>", but never updates.
So I wonder, where you can see anything updating (as you mentioned before), but in ProppFrexx no song title update will happen, as in all other players I tested.
As such, I am not wondering what you explained to me.

Maybe you can test this stream, then you will see the song title updating:
http://main-office.rautemusik.fm