Save and next

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
Peter Maerlandt
Save and next

Post by Peter Maerlandt »

Hi Bernd,

In MetaData Editor, is it possible to add a button "save metadata file and next", so one could save his work and immediately the next song will be loaded in the detail window?
Maybe a "Save metadata TAG and Next" button too?

This would reduce the number of mouse clicks.

Thanks for thinking about this option.

Peter.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Save and next

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain, what detail windows you mean? The TAG Editor dialog or the PFL Player?
And what meta data would you like to edit?

I am asking, because note, that you can edit all tag data also directly within the data grid. Ie. you won’t need to open the TAG Editor dialog for each track. This is even the fastest way to edit the tag data.
If you want to edit however the cue-points in the wave form, you indeed would have to open the PFL Editor.
Peter Maerlandt

My point of view is: one could change the tag data in the data grid, this is very helpfull for a fast change/ one track only.

If one add a huge amount of new music and has to edit a lot of songs in the MetaData Editor, a "save and next" button would be very helpfull. For me personal, I only use the "save metadata file", but any other person would maybe use the "save metadata TAG".
save next.jpg
Just a remark: A while ago I asked the "remember last folder" option ("C:\Program Files\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\ProppFrexx Tagger.exe" -last). This worked fine for a while and suddenly, Tagger is opening the root folder and not the latest folder I worked with.
Example: I worked in "F:\ProppFrexx\Folder 10" and Tagger is opening "F:\ProppFrexx"
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So it is the PFL Player you are talking about. For the rest I’ll take a look!
Thx
Peter Maerlandt

radio42 wrote: 13 Mar 2022 11:02 So it is the PFL Player you are talking about. For the rest I’ll take a look!
Thx
No, thank you ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then I am lost, as your screenshot is from the PFL Player.
Michel67

Post by Michel67 »

Knipsel.PNG
guess what: I think this is what is meant: in the TAG editor add a button "Save metadata TAG and Next" to edit the next song in the playlist.
Peter Maerlandt

radio42 wrote: 13 Mar 2022 14:03 Then I am lost, as your screenshot is from the PFL Player.
Sorry, sorry, big mis communication: Yes, it is from the PFL Player. I said: "no, thank you" as an answer to you, I wanted to thank you because you wanted to try to solve my wish/problem.