Automatic air alert

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Ihor Mudrak
Re: Automatic air alert

Post by Ihor Mudrak »

We use a socket to send a command message remotely to the application's TCP command server, without the first authorization line we get a response from the TCP server: ERROR: authorization failed (invalid password)

Now we tried to execute the commands you wrote through the pfremcmd.exe console, after saving the text of the commands in a TXT file, the execution code in the screenshot:
Знімок екрана 2023-04-12 122733.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, if you use plain TCP socket communication, you need to apply the AUTHORIZATION command (pfremcmd.exe does that for you already, so you only send the effective commands).

But the other conditions, e.g. no quotes ("), no blank lines etc. are still valid.
Ihor Mudrak

Post by Ihor Mudrak »

The track that was playing stops, after that the playback of the 10 second file Test2 starts, but in the same time, from the very first seconds, the playback of the next track in the playlist queue starts.

We tried to increase the value for PLS_CURRENT_PAUSE_CURRENT to 10000, the result is the same.

It looks more like a success than sending a remote command over TCP, but the main question is why does the Test2 alert file play at the same time as the next track in the playlist?

If you have any suggestions please let us know!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sorry, I forgot to turn off AutoPlay in the playlist (as this will directly start the next track).
So here is the correct sequence:

Code: Select all

ASYNC
PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_OFF
PLS_CURRENT_PAUSE_CURRENT 1000
EXEC_DIRECTPLAYER_CREATE Alert|C:\MediaLibrary\Alarm\Test.mp3|OUT
EXEC_DIRECTPLAYER_ONTRACKEND Alert|PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON
SLEEP 500
EXEC_DIRECTPLAYER_PLAY Alert|false|0.0|0
Note, that I also changed the OnTrackEnd event for the DirectPlayer to: PLS_CURRENT_AUTOPLAY_ON, so that after the alert track, that playlist resumes, automatically, by turning AUtoPlay back to ON.
Ihor Mudrak

Post by Ihor Mudrak »

When sending a command, it paused, started playing an alert, in the same time started playing the next track in the playlist, after the alert the new track continued to play, as soon as it ended, it started playing the track on which the pause was made.

In addition I add screenshots how we organised our air
Знімок екрана 2023-04-20 172043.jpg
Знімок екрана 2023-04-20 171957.jpg
Знімок екрана 2023-04-20 171925.jpg
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can hardly follow your description resp. can not link your screenshots to the issue who h you have.

Please send me your exact command sequence you execute. If you use the above command-line tool and execute from a file, that file is maybe sufficient.
What I understand, is that your playlist is not stopped, but the next track continues to play?!

Have you tried executing tue commands via the User-Commands window to test it as well?
Ihor Mudrak

Post by Ihor Mudrak »

To better understand each other we created video demonstration:
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
A video from YouTube usually appears here. Please contact an administrator.
1. After the command was executed, track "A" paused.
2. And then at the same time the playback of the test alert track and track "B" has began.
3. After track “B” finished playing, track “A” continued to play.

The problem is that the alert plays at the same time as the next song in the queue (track B).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Thanks for sending. Seems the AutoPlay is not stopped.
Unfortunately exactly this state is missing in your video.
So please send the full file and also test your command sequence in the User-Command window.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Now I saw it on a bigger screen. AutoPlay indeed was switched Off and soon after switched back On again.

For testing, can you just please remove the line EXEC_DIRECTPLAYER_ONTRACKEND once. Just to see, if that changes things?
If not, AutoPlay must be turned On by another command.
Do you maybe do that somewhere?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I have just (re)tested it all again and can NOT reproduces your issue with all default settings. I.e. it worked all as expected. Playlist paused, alert played and at the end playlist is resumed.

As such, I must assume, that you are somewhere running a command/event, in which you turn on AutoPlay manaually On programatically.
This could e.g. happen with a timer event, with the silence detection etc.
So please check your setup and events/commands...

To check, if this is somewhere happening, please add the following event/commands:
For the event "Playlist.OnAutoPlayON" set the command "SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW AutoPlay is ON"
For the event "Playlist.OnAutoPlayOFF" set the command "SHOW_ALERT_WINDOW AutoPlay is OFF"

Else, if you can not spot your source, turn on the "Debug Logging" in the general settings, More Stoff - do your tests again - and turn off "Debug Logging" again. Then send me the generated Debug....log file from the AppDataUser folder...