Scheduled commands stopped executing

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
mixmog
Scheduled commands stopped executing

Post by mixmog »

I run a scheduled command each hour to open a fader for a news bulletin, then close it 2 minutes later. This has recently stopped working (I see a countdown to the next event, they appear in the scheduler, yet the fader does not open), seemingly without reason.

Are they any known bugs which might be causing this?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Scheduled commands stopped executing

Post by radio42 »

No.

How do you schedule the command exactly? Via a reminder? What exact command? Where do see a countdown (the scheduler has no countdown)?
mixmog

Post by mixmog »

Ok. I need to try to trace back and work out what external influences might be in play here.

The command is scheduled via two scripts which contain one command each (MIXER_INPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE IRN A|1|10 / MIXER_INPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE IRN A|0|10) at 59.55 and 02.03 past the our.

The countdown to which I was referring is actually the timecode display, counting down to the next scheduled event.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

So you are using a script-line with the ‚Command‘ mode?‘

Note, that such command is executed when the script-line is evaluated and not when the prev. line track is played!
As such, the Timecode display is totally irrelevant.
mixmog

Post by mixmog »

That's correct. Is there a more efficient way of accomplishing the same thing?

Duly noted re timecode.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes. But it depends on what exactly you want to achieve?!
Your issue might even be, that when you use the script-lines in two different scripts, the next program/script might start ahead of its start time…

So here are alternatives…

1) if you want independent timings, just use a ‚Reminder‘ in the program scheduler to execute a control-command.

2) if you want the execution dependent on a specific script-line resp. track, use the script-line specific event. Click on the ‚flash‘ icon in the Options column and use one of the events, eg. On Track Played or On Track Stopped to execute a command at the beginning or end of the track.

But you said, they stopped working. So what have you changed?