the if statement.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
fjb59
the if statement.

Post by fjb59 »

hello. i wish using scripting to determine whether the voicetracking window is open.
i understand i can achive this by invoking a VT_STATUS_GET which will return >0 if the window is open
howoever this is more about the flow of the if statement than anything else. i looked at the manual and it seems overly converluted, however i understand the manual is out of date. wo whay woulf i need to do if i wanted to check if the VT_STATUS_GET ==1 and if so then inkoke the "VT_REC_BUTTON" command.

Thank you
radio42
Site Admin
Re: the if statement.

Post by radio42 »

To determine, if the voice tracking window is open, you can use the ${isvoicetrackingopen} macro - which is much easier.
Note sure what you do later (in your flow), but as an example you can use:

Code: Select all

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${isvoicetrackingopen}|Equals(1)|VT_REC_BUTTON
But note, that if you invoke the VT_REC_BUTTON command and the voicetracking window is not open, nothing would happen. I.e. when you invoke a VT_... command nothing would happen or go wrong, even if the voicetracking window is closed. So there is no real need to the above command.

Note, that the manual is NOT out of date (as you assumed) and ALL macros and control-commands are always 100% accurate and maintained!
fjb59
Re: the if statement.

Post by fjb59 »

radio42 wrote: 15 Sep 2023 19:44 To determine, if the voice tracking window is open, you can use the ${isvoicetrackingopen} macro - which is much easier.
Note sure what you do later (in your flow), but as an example you can use:

Code: Select all

EXEC_COMMAND2 ${isvoicetrackingopen}|Equals(1)|VT_REC_BUTTON
{/quote]
that's much easier than what i was mucking about with :)
But note, that if you invoke the VT_REC_BUTTON command and the voicetracking window is not open, nothing would happen. I.e. when you invoke a VT_... command nothing would happen or go wrong, even if the voicetracking window is closed. So there is no real need to the above command.
yeah i understand that. it was more a question of logical flow. the execcommand2 has a preconidtion from which it can run. excenet and probably a hell of a lot more sucessful that what i was mucking about with
Note, that the manual is NOT out of date (as you assumed) and ALL macros and control-commands are always 100% accurate and maintained!
it wasn't an assumption. it was stated to be out of date by one of your staff on here or on one of the video turorials. i forget which.
there is one innacureacy the MIXER_INPUT_VOLUME_SLIDE has an optional parameter of how long the slider takes to move in milliseconds. the manual makes no mention of this parameter in the definition. perhaps i have an outdated copy. I am old and wise enough never to say 100% even though i did just there :)

Thanks for the help. that was exactly what i saw looking for,