Suddenly no audio on shoutcast

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bart ve
Suddenly no audio on shoutcast

Post by Bart ve »

Hi. We have this strange problem. Our stream was up for 15 days. Suddenly today there was no audio anymore on the shoutcast stream. I restarted Proppfrexx a few times. The stream is connected. Proppfrexx sends the audio. On my shoutcast page there is only the update of the song/artist title. No audio. Also station not available on my stream and apps. Seems a shoutcast issue? Or what can it be? We are a internet-only station. That makes it quiet unprofessional. Anyone had this problem? Thanks.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Suddenly no audio on shoutcast

Post by radio42 »

Have you checked your audio signal you are sending to your server? Ie. press the REC button on your related mixer channel (the one you defined as the source in your streaming server configuration within the network monitor of ProppFrexx).
If the recording contains audio and the server is connected and the bytes send keeps increasing, the signal is send to the server.

Then check your SHOUTcast log file, if you can spot anything there. But yes, it somehow sounds like a SHOUTcast issue… have you contacted your streaming provider?