DJ Players update

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
csaba1986
DJ Players update

Post by csaba1986 »

Hi there,

I’m very impressed with the Program Scheduler and Overlay Scheduler and it’s capabilities. Amazing software.
I need to discover more, I guess, the commands around this topic but I hope someone can help me with the following:

1., When the new program uploading in the same playlist with soft sync I want to keep playing the item (player) which is currently on but I would like to update the other players with the new program. Currently when the new program inserts in the playlist, it still keeps some items (which already loaded in the players) from the previous program.

2., when an overlay inserts to the program, currently doesn’t update the DJ players correctly. The overlay items insterst correctly, it will be loaded in the player but the item which was there originally pushed back one place in the playlist correctly but it doesn’t load in a new DJ player. Like: currently playing in Player A, a jingle loaded in Player B and a music loaded in Player C. The overlay comes up, loading in Player B, but the jingle doesn’t load in the Player C automatically. The system recognises the order so it will be loaded in Player C latter but also in Player A, so 2x.

3., the both scenarios together. I have an overlay at top of the hour, let to load in the playlist. The overlay doesn’t played yet but the new program schedule comes up. I want to clean up the old playlist from the old items (in scenario 1) but I wanna keep the overlay item and I don’t want to skip it. How can I do it?

Many thanks for any tips and ideas! 🙏🏻
radio42
Site Admin
Re: DJ Players update

Post by radio42 »

To 1:
No, this is not the case when you run the scheduler.
When you specify the ‘Soft TimeUpdateSync’ as the start type of a program, a TimeUpdateSync (TUS) entry is generated an added to the playlist, and a new program is about to be starting in the same playlist and it is time for that TUS entry, all non-playing DJ Players are ejected and as such new entries from the new program are loaded…

To 2:
I can also not reproduce that here.
Please specify your exact settings, post some screenshots, your version you are using etc. There must be some other setting preventing this.

To 3:
Sounds like you better use the default behavior, eg. play the overlay in the Overlay Player separately and independently from the playlist.
And you create a new playlist for each new program.
Else this might probably be a timing issue when you run the TUS resp. when you start the Overlay?!

I also tested exactly your scenario, see screenshots below.
Watch the tracks loaded before the change:
Before Prg Change.png
New playlist is loaded as time update sync. Current playlist still playing:
Before 2.png
When it is due, all 'old' playlist tracks are unloaded - even from the DJ Players!:
After Prg Change.png
And the new program has started after the TOTH finished:
After Prg Change 2.png
csaba1986

Post by csaba1986 »

To 1:
Screenshot 2023-12-05 100741.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 154111.png
Screenshot 2023-12-05 154016.png
Last edited by csaba1986 on 06 Dec 2023 16:40, edited 2 times in total.
csaba1986

Post by csaba1986 »

To 2:
Screenshot 2023-12-05 110332.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 110243.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 110019.jpg
csaba1986

Post by csaba1986 »

I will try the standalone player instead of the playlist insert, thanks for the tip.
Btw: I use 3.0.44 version.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

V3.x is out of support since many years.
You should update!