Creating Mixer error

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Osric
Creating Mixer error

Post by Osric »

For some inexplicable reason my Proppfrexx instance won't open. I keep getting "creating mixer" message. I have followed the advice I have been able to research i.e. deleted default.mixer file and I've also checked user privileges. When my mouse hovers over the taskbar I can see Proppfrexx but it won't open.

Can you help?
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Creating Mixer error

Post by radio42 »

May be it is related to the “ProppFrexx ONAIR.layout” File? Eg. Remove that file… first close PF, then delete those files!
Osric

Post by Osric »

Hmmm, thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately that hasn't worked. I am still stuck on the "creating mixer" splash page
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Then please close PF and remove the entire AppDataUser folder (which also contained the Default.mixer file) - that acts like a fresh install. And the next start you would be asked for a new mixer setup entirely.

If that doesn’t come up, you have revolved the wrong folder or some other weird issues happens. In that case, please PM me your registration data to check.
Thx
Osric

Post by Osric »

Thanks Bernd
That has worked.🙌🏾
As this is effectively a new install is there an easy way to import the media libraries, cartwalls, scrips, schedule, metadata groupings etc that I had created?
I took a copy of the appdata folder - could I move the whole folder back across minus the default mixer and layout files?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that was exactly what I was about to suggest… just copy back the files…
Osric

Post by Osric »

Unfortunately the problem is recreated when copying back the files . Unless you have a suggestion about overcoming this, I will have to try folder by folder file by file to identify the culprit. 😥
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Some file got corrupt. - unfortunately I can not tell from here which one… I am sorry.
Osric

Post by Osric »

No worries Bernd, not your fault, I appreciate your help. I managed to get about 90% of the files across and each time Proppfrexx opened without any problems. My schedule, scripts, libraries etc are restored so I'll quit whilst I'm ahead 🙃 and do a backup and then modify any settings from there.
Cheers for your timely and helpful guidance - as per usual.