remote view continuous backtiming

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
tatje
remote view continuous backtiming

Post by tatje »

Hello Brend, we use the remote view here for the announcer who sits in another room behind the glass so that he can see the progress of his program. Now my question is, can the end schedule time also be displayed in this (we use continuous backtiming) because it is useful that he can see at the end of the hour how much time it still takes for his last music song and whether it will then be played. must be canceled because the hour is over.

Groeten, Tatje
radio42
Site Admin
Re: remote view continuous backtiming

Post by radio42 »

So you mean, display the remaining time til the end of the program?
That is not the continuous backtiming. Ie. there is no value to know the backtiming info for each track, even in the middle of a program.
But for Soft programs, this is often the end of the current track, which is displayed. Or do you also want to display a negative backtime?

However, if an OVL is used as a ToTH for example, that remaining time is shown directly.
So the info might only be missing if a next program is about to start without an OVL and that program has a Fixed start time?
But don’t you know the time then by the current time?
Eg. you see the current time in the remote view.

But if a moderator needs that info, isn’t the moderator anyhow doing live assist? Ie. isn’t the moderator controlling the next track manually?
tatje

Post by tatje »

Hello Bernd, perhaps I am a bit unclear.
We only use PF as a live assist, so we manually create a playlist for about an hour with music. During the tracks, the announcer has some speaking time, so when we approach the end of the hour, the announcer wants to be able to see on the remote viewer whether the last tracks are still available. fall within that hour. for example, 8:45 PM end a track and the next track lasts 3 minutes, then he can see that he still has 12 minutes before the full hour is up and he can then fill, say, 6 minutes of speaking time and then the end track of the program can be started .
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

… assuming the last track is 6 minutes long.
So you want to finish always almost on time and ‚fill‘ the rest with speaking time.
Now I got your point - I will think on how to best incorporate that in the remote view…
tatje

Post by tatje »

end schedule.jpg
Hi Bernd, here is an example of a playlist where the last track must end up on the remote view at the end schedule time so that you know at what time the playlist is ready (the continuous backtime is also enabled) so that this time is kept up to date.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What if you could toggle the current time to also display:
- the remaining time til the next full hour
- the backtime (of the current and next track) til the end of the current program
As there is no space to display the entire playlist and all its backtime values!
(Else you could mirror the playlist view to the 2nd room)
tatje

Post by tatje »

(the total backtime (of the current and next tracks) til the end of the current program), this time in remote view. i think.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?
Yes, I am thinking, that you can toggle the 'Current Time' display in the Remote View between
- the current time
- the continuous backtime til either the next full hour or the end of the current program

Example:
Let's assume your next program would start 11:45:00 and the current playlist's tracks are exactly like in your posted screen-shot above.
The Backtime display would be: 11:45:15
E.g. the smaller time of either the previous or next track around the target time would be displayed.
tatje

Post by tatje »

Example:
Let's assume your next program would start 11:45:00 and the current playlist's tracks are exactly like in your posted screen-shot above.
The Backtime display would be: 11:45:15
E.g. the smaller time of either the previous or next track around the target time would be displayed.

Yes thats what i meen when i undertand you.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Perfect. I guess I can add that to the next version.