ProppFrexx silent and cannot load tracks when reloaded

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
cdesnoyers
ProppFrexx silent and cannot load tracks when reloaded

Post by cdesnoyers »

Hi We're using Proppfrexx 4.4.3.3 and we encounter a strange problem. Since a few time now the audio just stop and a reload of the program don't solve the problem. The scheduler is working but no tracks are loaded, I need to put man ually a track in the player for it to play.
I"ve also have often the message "please wait forwarding program" that don't disapear.
And sometimes a simple reboot works.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: ProppFrexx silent and cannot load tracks when reloaded

Post by radio42 »

This is typically a history issue.
However, when a program is configured to forward til its due time (i.e. you start the program late (which is typically the case after a restart), and it should forward til the current time), than the related script is executed until it returns that many tracks til we reach the current time.
Example:
Your program runs from 08:00 til 12:00 and you (re)start the program at 10:15.
Then the script executes until that many tracks are returned, til all tracks (if they would have been played) sum up to a 2 hours and 15 min. i.e. until it is 10:15.
Depending on your script and history settings, this might take some time.
If you can control the behavior of a starting program with the program Options, e.g.:
- SuppressLateStartRollForward
- ForceLateStartBeginning
Click on the '?' mark icon in the program editor dialog for more help.

Please also check each script with the 'Test' function.
This gives you a detailed output, where a script probably 'stucks'. But note, that it NEVER really stucks, it might just take more time then you expect.
E.g. when a script is performing extensive history and other rule checks incl. meta data reading, a script-line might take a few seconds...
Now further assume you need to roll forward 25 or 50 tracks? This might take some time.

As said, take a look to the mentioned options to e.g. suppress the roll forward operation.