Stream playlist not closing after scheduled end time

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Kalem
Stream playlist not closing after scheduled end time

Post by Kalem »

Hi, I'm having an issue with a scheduled live stream that isn't closing at the scheduled time.
It keeps on playing until someone manually kicks off the playlist continuing the stream.
Here are pictures of the settings:
Screenshot 2024-03-04 091650.png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 091650.png
We have tried Overlay End Time Fixed and Overlay One Cycle, as well as changing the start type from fixed to soft to auto.
It does not end at the scheduled time whatsoever.

Kind regards
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-04 091731.png
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Stream playlist not closing after scheduled end time

Post by radio42 »

By default, the scheduler runs in continuous mode (see general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler). This means, that the end time of the program is not concidered. Instead, the next program start defines when the previous program ends. Also take a look to the tutorial videos. Or click on the ‘?’ Of the dialogs to get more detailed help (tooltips).

This means you should define programs covering 24/7.
If this is not desired, turn the Continuous Mode of the scheduler off.

As the program is not an overlay of another program, leave the overlay option to No overlay.
Kalem

Post by Kalem »

Ok, i followed your instructions. The playout of the stream worked fine but now that we have disabled overlay one cycle it now repeatedly loads in a single line ad infinitum.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am sorry, but I can not follow what you mean. Can you please explain what you would like to achieve and what you have exactly configured. I see only one program scheduler entry (but not the ones around). And you have defined a script which loads two tracks and then loops on script-line 3.
Kalem

Post by Kalem »

Yes, if I schedule in a single line script into the program scheduler such as LoadTrack, if I do not have overlay one cycle selected then the playlist that loads the single track will keep adding that one track repeatedly and will play it over and over as it ends and starts again.

On another issue, for some reason the DJ players keep creeping to the right. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Please see the image attachment.
Attachments
unnamed.png
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

A script (when executed in a program) is looped to provide the needed 'next' tracks, e.g. for all DJ Players as well as to provide the subsequent tracks (as specified as the 'Look Ahead' parameter). The script does this by executing it's script-lines. Once all script-lines are executed, the script starts again at the given Loop-Line.

If however a script only has one script-line, this single line is being looped.

If you ONLY want to play one single file, you might specify an additional script-line and set the Loop-Line option to 2. E.g.:
1. LoadTrack; C:\your\single\file\toplay.mp3, Count=1
2. LeastRecentlyPlayled, MyMediaLib, Count=1

As an alternative, you might also assign the ">FILE:" value to the Script param of a Program. This only plays this single file as a program instead of a script.

The screen issue can not be reproduced here. What exact version and graphic resolution are you using? Does it help to resize the playlist window slightly?
Kalem

Post by Kalem »

Hi Bernd, sorry for the late reply.

For the scripts repeating, what would you suggest we put in to have the scheduled program play to completion for every track loaded, then close the playlist and play the original playlist loaded?

The resolution for the monitor is 1920x1080.

Also another issue has cropped up that is unique to one of our systems.
When a scheduled program's end time limit has reached, we are find the track currently playing to end, and then the whole system lock up.
What can I do to get a settings log to you?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

What do you mean by „… then close the playlist and play the original playlist loaded…“?
Each program entry starts a script, which is then executed. So you want to ‚continue’ a previous program, you need to define another program after. Eg:
- ProgA, ScriptA
- ProgB, ScriptB
- ProgC, ScriptA

Not sure, why a monitor resolution is important?

By default a program executes until a new program starts (ie. the end time is ignored). This unless you disable the ‚Consecutive Mode‘ - see general settings, section Scripts/Scheduler.
Kalem

Post by Kalem »

Ok, our system is set up so we have a playlist playing through a media library in between announcer shows. When a scheduled show kicks in, a new playlist is opened with the music we have loaded in. The other playlist still sits to the side in the background and is stopped. What we want is for the other playlist to resume when the scheduled program ends, and for the scheduled playlist to close. Our current issue is when the reached time for the playlist to end happens, the current playing song fades to a stop and the system freezes. We can't click anything on the program and we go to dead air.
Not sure, why a monitor resolution is important?
You literally asked me what resolution we are running the program at, and also we are running the latest version; 4.4.4.3.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not sure what you mean by „ a playlist playing through a media library“. This is what I called „ProgA“ above.
And what is an „ announcer shows“? This is what I called „ProgB“ above.

But from your first post it more looks like an „ announcer shows“ is actually a URL you like to play?
And while this play, your regular program should be paused… and then resumed when the URL stream finishes“?
If yes, you can still use the proposed solution (but here each program would start a new playlist windows).
Else, if you don’t want that (where I don’t know why you don’t want this), you might use the MODStream Watcher feature of ProppFrexx.
This opens on top of a running program a MODStream Player, which pauses the current program, plays a URL and after resumes the program.
See here: http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/forum ... t=57&p=212

Your 2nd issue can not be reproduced here.