Serious bug in new version 3.0.13.3

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
Serious bug in new version 3.0.13.3

Post by hdradio »

I updated to 3.0.13.3.
It started playing normally.
Then I opened the script and tried to add comments to each line.
Saved that script.
Set StartCurrentProgramSoft in scheduler options.
Stopped Scheduler and Run it again.
It opens the new playlist but can not load any tracks.

The debug log says:

Code: Select all

18/03/2014 19:04:02: ProgramScheduler: Scheduler started
18/03/2014 19:04:05: ProgramScheduler: Program:Daily 1700 (d1700), Start:18/03/2014 17:00:00, End:18/03/2014 21:00:00, Started:True
18/03/2014 19:04:05: Processing Script-Line 4 (Retries=360): 3 Random : Ελληνικά (Filter=~[RatingValue] >= 80 And [Genre] = 'Ποπ' And [Year] >= '1995', Options=None)
18/03/2014 19:04:06: Processing Script-Line 5 (Retries=360): 1 Random : Ελληνικά (Filter=~[RatingValue] >= 80 And [Genre] = 'Ροκ' And [Year] >= '1990', Options=None)
It can not find any tracks. (Note that I did not change the filter after updating to this version).
But if I use the same filter in Find window there are many songs found.
Also when I open again that script, the comments I wrote earlier do not exist.

The following exception raised also:

Code: Select all

18/03/2014 18:58:33 [v3.0.13.3]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error Type: System.NullReferenceException
Error Source: ProppFrexx ONAIR.Void a()
********** System Stack Trace **********
   at ProppFrexx.Player.b.i.a()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
********** End **********
Edit:
Things are getting worst
I restarted the application and not I cannot find any song even in Find window.
Attached the debug file.
Note that the overlay at 19:30 played but did not logged.
Debug_20140318.zip
(1.39 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Serious bug in new version 3.0.13.3

Post by radio42 »

I am really sorry - yes, it was a compiler bug added last minute in the release version with the new Debug-Logging option.

A re-compiled version v3.0.13.4. is now available fixing that!
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Bernd I updated to version 3.0.13.4

Things are even worst now.
Nothing works.
I can not even close (the empty) playlist. I had to kill the application with task manager.

The debug log has hundreds of the following lines:
19/03/2014 08:09:45: Get Random Track 'Ελληνικά' data error: ERROR: Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Data.v13.2, Version=13.2.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
19/03/2014 08:09:45: Get Random Track 'Ελληνικά' data error: ERROR: Could not load file or assembly 'DevExpress.Data.v13.2, Version=13.2.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b88d1754d700e49a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That looks very strange - I tested it here on 3 different computers and do not have that issue here!
How did you update?
- Using the "Check for Updates..." functionality?
- Using the regular download and Setup?
- Have you closed ProppFrexx, the MLS etc. beforehand?

However, it seems you setup is somehow broken on your machine...to resolve you can do two things:
a) manually download the following update file and unzip this manually into your ProppFrexx installation folder (overwriting all existing files):
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/downl ... e30134.zip
- make sure ProppFrexx, the MLS etc. are all closed beforehand!
b) download the regular setup and run it (which might require a deinstallation of ProppFrexx prior to it)
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/downl ... _Setup.zip
- make sure ProppFrexx, the MLS etc. are all closed beforehand!

Sometimes a simple reboot of the machine might also help (as Microsoft is currently also heavily pushing new updates out, which might have being installed in the background, if you have enabled AutoUpdate)...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

I updated using "Check for Updates"
When I saw that I had problems I tried the regular download and setup.
Same problem
Of course I had closed Proppfrexx and MLS beforehand.

I downloaded the a) zip and extracted to installation folder.
Now it looks that it's working.

I don't know what was wrong.
I 'll run it for a while and I report with my comments.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

My first comments about this version 3.0.13.4:
Script:
Save columns position and also columns and form width.

Playlist
SourceInfo is better to have this format (because usualy won't have it in full length so the first few characters will be visible):
L=1 Comment (Entry) S=Script

In Playback History (when pfl a track), the transition data is saved too which is not needed.

Once the sweeper is loaded and attached to the song, how can you delete it if you change your mind ?
I suppose you can not change your mind ;)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Script: Save columns position and also columns and form width.
Yes, can be added to a next version.
SourceInfo is better to have this format
Also possible, but not critical, as hovering over the column in the playlist displays all text (and I assume the 'SourceInfo' column is maionly used during testing, but is not really needed when broadcasting...)
In Playback History (when pfl a track), the transition data is saved too which is not needed
Might not be needed, but is as it is, as it was as it was ;-) To me the history should reflect what really happened - and as such the effective things happened with a track are kept as is.
I suppose you can not change your mind...
Of course you can: Guess we are talking about the last minute Drag&Drop feature to automatically add a Track-Insert to an already loaded or playing track?
A Track-Insert can be removed, by either:
a) open the Segue-Editor (ALT+F11) for the resp. track(s), select the Track-Insert and press (Shift+Del) or click on the 'Delete Insert' button
b) open the PFL-Player (F11) of the resp. track, click on 'Event Editor' and select the Track-Insert event, right-click and select 'Remove Event'
c) open the TAG-Editor (ALT+3) of the resp. track, select the 'Event Data' tab and select the Track-Insert event, right-click and select 'Remove Event'
d) right-click on the WaveForm of the resp. track and select 'Events - Remove All Events'
I hope, that these enough options...
Note, that volume points (if you attenuated the track insert) might to be removed as well (e.g. right-click on the WaveForm of the resp. track and select 'Remove All Volume Points')

For Transition-Tracks added in advance to a future position to the playlist; you can simply delete that track from the playlist (Shift+Del)...
...so the above is basically only needed, if you added a transition last minute, have confirmed, that you really want to add a transition, but then change your mind...
...how often does this happen? I assume rarely and in this case I assume 2 resp. 3 clicks are fine to remove it ?