v3.0.13.15 - stable

This forum will contain general news and announcements made by radio42.
hdradio
Re: v3.0.13.14 - stable

Post by hdradio »

First impressions:
After updating to 3.0.13.14, restarting the application it did not find my scripts.
I had to reload the scripts from settings.
Then I run scheduler again. This time it couldn't find the libraries and I had to manually reload them.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Can you please explain what you mean by:
- reload the scripts from settings
- couldn't find the libraries and I had to manually reload them - which libraries?
When I first run pf after update it could not find the scripts. Look here
Then I went to Settings -> Scripts/Scheduler and clicked Rescan/Reload button.

I run scheduler again.
This time it could not find the libraries. The debug log had:

Code: Select all

16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 1 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 2 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 3 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 4 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 5 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 6 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 7 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
16/04/2014 11:46:48: Script-Line 8 skipped: Lib not found or having no tracks (Ελληνικά)
I had to go again to Settings -> Folder Libraries and click Reload button for Media Libraries.

I think that restarting the application did not reload all needed files.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Bernd
My OnAir pc has 2 users. One has administrator rights and the other one is an ordinary user.
All onair applications are installed with admin account and run as a guest.
I don't want any dj to have admin rights to this pc.
When I have to update pf, I switch to admin account, run pf, click check for updates and follow the common procedure.
That's what I did today.
I then switched back to user account and run pf.
This worked in past.
Now it does not load anything. Even the balloon hints do not appear at startup.
The lower left red dot is lit saying loading but when I click on it I don't see all Items have count 0.
When I click close the light becomes gray.
When I go to settings -> Folder/Libraries and click info button, I see : Loaded media libraries 0.
The same is for cartwall libraries.
Also in Scripts/Scheduler, the Script Loaded libraries = 0.
I notice that when I click Additional Media Libraries it shows my 2 remote libraries as broken.
I have to manually click reload to load libraries and scripts.
Then everything is ok. All scripts and libraries are loaded and program runs ok.

On another pc (with admin rights) I run pf. All settings on this instance, point to the server (onair) pc. This was working ok before updating. Now the balloon at startup shows : "Check your libraries, 20 Script libraries loaded, Some libraries could NOT be loaded!"
Even if that warning message appears, the program on this pc starts playing normally.
I don't understand what libraries can not be loaded, because I can see all my 20 scripts by clicking Ribbon Libraries -> Script libraries. I double click on each one and all load correctly.

In conclusion: To be able to run pf now (on onair pc), I have to go to settings, click reload for Libraries (Media and cartwall) and scripts and then run scheduler.
hdradio
Re: v3.0.13.15 - stable

Post by hdradio »

Bernd
I 've tried what you 've said and used -config option.
I had to adjust all settings from beginning.
Unfortunately the same problem exist. It does not start.

I also wonder why on a second pc shows that some script libraries can not be loaded if all libraries are there! How can I test which libraries can not be loaded ?

I think it's time for a teamviewer session !
radio42
Site Admin
v3.0.13.15 - stable

Post by radio42 »

Version 3.0.13.15 is out!

What's New?
  • New Manual-Start processing option added
  • Cartwall Playmode 'One by One' added
  • MediaLibraryServer additional security checks added
  • Broken Script-Libraries shown
  • Advert-Manager now allows referenced files
  • Advert-Manager: Load/Save Dynamic Overlay Assignment Filter
  • JMD compatibility meta data reading
  • Various smaller optimizations
  • Other smaller bug-fixes
  • stable

New Manual-Start processing option added
The 'Scheduler' ribbon tab now contains a new button, which allows you to toggle between a 'Default Operation' and a 'Manual Operation' mode.
The 'Manual Operation' mode allows you (if enabled) to force a 'Manual' start of any scheduled Program or Overlay as well as to suppress an automatic resume (re-enable AutoPlay) of a suspended Playlist (e.g. after a LineFeed, Overlay or overlayed Program).
This mean, in 'Manual Operation' mode you would have to start any new Program or Overlay manually yourself. And after a LineFeed or Overlay a suspended Playlist also needs to be started manually again, as the AutoPlay option is in 'Manual Operation' option NOT re-enable again!

The 'Manual Operation' mode is therefore intended for full manual Live-Assist operation and works independent from the AutoPlay mode.
The 'Default Operation' mode works as in the past and starts Overlays and Programs automatically and also resumes a suspended Playlist automatically.
As such use the new 'Manual Operation' mode with care!

There are also new control-commands available (PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_GET, PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_TOGGLE, PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_ON and PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_OFF) to change the operation mode automatically. And respective new system events (Application.OnManualOperationON and Application.OnManualOperationOFF) are available and are triggered when the mode is changed accordingly.

E.g. if you want to make sure, that with each User-LogOff the mode is for sure changed back to 'Default Operation' you might use the 'Application.OnUserLogoff' event and assign the PROGRAM_MANUALOPERATION_OFF command to it.

In addition there are a few new general settings (section 'More Stuff') available, where you can define further options to perform when the 'Manual Operation' option is toggled.
Note that these settings are only in effect when manually changing the related settings (triggering the settings automatically, e.g. via control-commands, will not apply to these options)!

Turn AutoPlay OFF if enabled:
If checked, 'AutoPlay' will be disabled whenever you enable the 'Manual Operation'.

Turn AutoPlay ON if disabled:
If checked, 'AutoPlay' will be enabled whenever you disable the 'Manual Operation'.

Disable with Start Scheduler:
If checked, the 'Manual Operation' will be disabled whenever you start the scheduler.

Cartwall Playmode 'One by One' added
If you right-click in an empty area of a cartwall window you get the context menu displayed.
Here you find an item called: Playmode 'One by One'
If selected, any currently playing cart will be stopped (faded out) if you start playing another cart - effective only one cart is playing at a time.
This also offers a smooth transition between two carts.
The Playmode 'One by One' will be persisted per user, so there is no need to change that with every start of ProppFrexx.

By default a currently playing cart(s) is faded-out by half of the defined cartwall fade-out length (the length can be defined in the general settings, section 'Mixing/Fading').
Hold the SHIFT or CTRL key to stop the currently playing cart(s) immediately - or hold the ALT key for a full length fade-out.

Note: This option is not to be confused with the 'Prevent parallel Playback' setting in the general settings (section 'Player Settings')!
Actually the 'Prevent parallel Playback' setting should be disabled to use this new feature!

Broken Script-Libraries shown
The script management dialog now also shows 'broken' script entries. Broken entries are entries, which are not existing anymore, e.g. because the related file or folder to the script is inaccessible.

In addition ProppFrexx now also shows a popup window at startup, if any 'broken' media-, cartwall- or script-library was detected.

Advert-Manager now allows referenced files
The Advertising and News Manager now allows you to also reference 'external' audio track files.
So far all news and advert tracks needed to be located underneath the respective Advert Storage Path (you main advert folder).
Now the track files might also reference to a different location. The 'Campaign Edit' dialog as well as the 'News Edit' therefore now contain and 'Import Track...' as well as 'Reference Track...' button.
The latter will NOT copy the track to the Advert Folder but simply reference the track to its original location.

Advert-Manager: Load/Save Dynamic Overlay Assignment Filter
Dynamic Overlay Assignment Filter can now be saved and loaded to/from a file.

Optimized AutoRecording Option
Automatically recording a mixer channel (e.g. for legal or reporting purposes) was always easy. You would just have to enable the 'Auto Start Recording' option within the mixer channel configuration dialog. In the general settings (section 'Encoding/Recording') you can define further option for AutoRecording, e.g. the 'Recording Filename' and the 'Recording Time Limit'.
However, so far it was not so easy to automatically split your records on every full hour or even on every full day. This has now changed...

When you set the 'Recording Time Limit' to 00:00:00 the given 'Recording Filename' pattern is used to trigger a new automatic recording session ever time the filename would change.
E.g. set the filename to "AutoRec${mixer}_${dd}${HH}" to create a new recording every hour (this because the given filename pattern would change with every full hour).
Or set the filename to "AutoRec${mixer}_${dd}" to create a new recording every day (this because the given filename pattern would change with every day at exactly midnight).
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that sounds like.
What about tomorrow morning? (Thursday)

Note, that could have also copied all files from the old config folder to the new one, instead of setting everything from scratch...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Note, that could have also copied all files from the old config folder to the new one, instead of setting everything from scratch...
I wanted to be sure that all settings are new.

See you tomorrow morning.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you please explain what you mean by:
- reload the scripts from settings
- couldn't find the libraries and I had to manually reload them - which libraries?

If that happens, something must have been wrong in the first place, since the loading of the script or media libs hasn't changed in v3.0.13.14 !
Do you happen to have an 'old' backup to take a look at?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

That is a bit strange, as loading media- or cartwall libs have absolutely not changed in the latest versions!
The 'Check for Updates...' has to temp. switch to Admin rights, as otherwise I couldn't install any new version.
As such you should even be able to 'Check for Updates...' from your guest account.
Also make sure, that when using multiple users to really close and terminate all applications for all users!

Note, that ALL ProppFrexx settings are kept in the ProppFrexx AppUserData folder - which is a USER specific folder!
As such running ProppFrexx from 2 different user accounts will result in using 2 different CONFIG folders!
Meaning all media-, cartwall-, script-libs etc. are located in different folders!

Have you maybe just recently changed this and are now using 2 windows user account, whereas beforehand you were using just one?

However,
See the User Manual for details - you might in your case (as an alternative) use the "-config" command-line option!
This can be used for both "ProppFrexx ONAIR" and the "ProppFrexx Media Library Server".

This "-config" command-line option tells ProppFrexx NOT to use the default user specific data folder - but the one given by that parameter!
Example - Invoke ProppFrexx ONAIR like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0\ProppFrexx ONAIR.exe" -config "C:\ProppFrexx\OnAir\Config"
or
"C:\Program Files (x86)\radio42\ProppFrexx ONAIR\3.0\ProppFrexx MediaLibraryServer.exe" -config "C:\ProppFrexx\MLS\Config"

(right-click on the 'ProppFrexx ONAIR" icon on your desktop and select 'Properties' to change the 'Target')

This way you can define a kind of global ProppFrexx config folder being used by all your windows accounts!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Did any popup came up when initially (re)starting ProppFrexx? Indicating, that some Libs could not be loaded?!
This would be some small popup/alert window shown for a few seconds and then disappearing.

And did the issue persist when again restarting ProppFrexx?
As I can not see a single reason, why this could happen!
What does the Script Management dialog say? Any 'broken' libs reported there?

Have you specified anything in the 'Auto. Playlist Path' or are you only using the 'Additional Libraries...' options as suggested?