back up systems 97Underground.com

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
Radiostar929
back up systems 97Underground.com

Post by Radiostar929 »

Bernd, Hi I had a windows update that caused me a boat load of problems today that got me thinking. Is there a way to do a daily software back up of the songs spots materials and the software to lets say an external hard drive? and if the streaming computer should die is there a way to transfer the complete system with materials to another computer during the main units repair? Thanks Tom
radio42
Site Admin
Re: back up systems 97Underground.com

Post by radio42 »

There is a backup and restore tool build in (see the Tool ribbon tab. But that would only work on either the same PC or a one having the exact same drive and directory structure. And it doesn’t backup your audio files.

As ProppFrexx is only using files and no database, the other alternative is to simply do it manual.
The main folders to back up are:
- your ProppFrexx config folder (eg. %appdata%/radio42/ProppFrexx/4.0)
- your Program Scheduler .calendar file
- your .pfs Script files
- your .pfp media lib playlist files
- all your audio files
- your Advert Storage Path
- your GPIO mapping files
- other references files you might be using
If you put the above in central folders this is just to backup a few folders in total. Note, that those files contain typically relative reference paths (unless different drives are referenced). As such must a restore use the same structure.