RSS FEED Program setup??

This forum can be used to post any topics related to general broadcast questions, tech stuff, informations etc.
This forum is unmoderated!
ketofm
Re: RSS FEED Program setup??

Post by ketofm »

Screenshot (15).jpg
I dont see my RSS URL (https://stream.kfai.org:8002) i did add it
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I was NOT talking about the Overlay Scheduler!
So I am not sure, why you are showing a lot of Overlay Scheduler screenshots? Maybe you misunderstood, but I tried to explain and thus made a screenshot.
I was talking about the Program Scheduler, please see my screenshots - also for a Program you can define an Overlay option. This option suspends an underlying program, which was running beforehand or resumes it - as explained (because you asked for that option).
But when you are using 3 programs one after the other (which also works perfectly) there is no need for the overlay option, but I still never saw, how you defined those 3 programs individually?!

However, I already explained how you define to add a URL with a time limit in the Script-Editor (see my preposterous). But I try again…
- you add a new script-line to your script
- you select the mode ‚LoadTrack‘
- you activate the editing of the Entry column (just click into this cell)
- you hold down the CTRL-key and in parallel click on the 3 dots

Note: the LoadTrack mode does exactly what you are asking for: load either a track OR load a URL.
As said, click on the ‚?‘icon at the top right - or just read the tooltips.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am also really a bit lost in your question(s) and screenshots.

1st you showed me a script called "VOA-Amharic-PodCast" - which you used in a Program Scheduler entry (without showing me the related Program Scheduler entries).

2nd you are showing me an Overlay Scheduler Entry called "KAFI News" using a script "VOA-Oromo_news-Podcast" (without showing me that related script).

3rd you are showing me a script called "KAPI News" (KAPI News.pfs), which seems to not being using in either 1st or 2nd?!

So in both/all cases (which I don't even understand, what they have to do with each other and how they are related to your initial issue?!) you expect me to anwser and help you...??

I am honestly lost.

- Please describe your exact issue
- Please do not mix different issues in one ticket
- Please provide the screenshots as needed and asked to explain the issue

At the moment I can only guess and give you quite bad advices - that doesn't sound good and productive to me.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Any news? Could you find the time limit when you specify a URL with the LoadTack script-line mode?
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

what is the time?
time limit when you specify a URL with the LoadTack script-line mode?
ir\ts on 58 min
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The time limit is explained in the posts above incl. a screenshots. It limits the duration of a URL stream in mm:ss. 58:00 for 58 minutes and 0 seconds.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

Screenshot (17).jpg
I was going to add my News URL

http://live02.rfi.fr/rfiafrique-96k.mp3

Radio France International

news but its not it ask URL, only import a track
How can i add my news RSS feed to my News managements?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can not add a URL to the News Management.
News and Adverts (which you manage in the News and Advert Management) are your local resp. your own tracks, but not external (syndicated) URLs.

However, you can use URLs within scripts using the LoadTrack mode as already explained. And you than use those scripts within an Overlay as well if you want/need.
ketofm

Post by ketofm »

ok i'll do that than Thank you
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Also note, that you can schedule multiple Overlays at exactly the same time (start time and show in advance) in that case the Priority of the Overlay defines the order in which the overlays are played.
In the general settings you should than set the Combine parallel Overlays option. This option ensures, that all parallel scheduled overlays are resolved at once and kept together.
This also allows you to mix multiple types, eg. overlays playing a script, an Advert or a local News plus again a script. This allows you to use overlays in any kind.