An exception was thrown by a TaskScheduler part 2

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Michiel Bouwmeester
Re: An exception was thrown by a TaskScheduler part 2

Post by Michiel Bouwmeester »

Hmm not sure if it is related but i would want to mention a problem i have for some time. (not sure how long exactly) On the PF machine after about a week , max be 2, of running it runs out of memory. Very slowly the memory fills until the point where it becomes unresponsive.
I have done a lot of things to try and solve this, varying from changing hardware, start and stopping different software but nothing fixes it. Even a fully new windows install with only PF has this behavior.
If I don not run PF it does not happen so it must be related to PF.

In this case it looks like a program (may be pf) is keeping memory reserved and not releasing it properly. My big problem is that there are no signs of something going wrong. The machines works perfectly until the memory is full and then windows crashes,
The machine has windos 7/64, 8GB internal memory.
AladnaFm

Post by AladnaFm »

Wel I think you are right Michiel.
This is what happened with the memory use after a reboot of ProppFrexx

Below is the memory use before the reboot of ProppFrexx:
before.jpg
before.jpg (151.91 KiB) Viewed 7354 times
And this is the memory use after the reboot of ProppFrexx:
pf9.jpg
pf9.jpg (153.9 KiB) Viewed 7354 times
Notice the diference in 'Free' memory space is going up from 28mb before to 519mb after the reboot.
And as we speak it dropped about 100mb.
And it is still getting lower so I guess if I check back later the 'free' memory use would be back at 0-30mb again.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I am not dutch, but when comparing the names with the German values both 'Vrij' and 'Beschikbaar' is what matters and there is not much difference between the two.

However, we just discovered a handle leak in the audio lib I am using and that might well explain the issue.
I just received a fix and I hope to post a new PF version by tomorrow and I hope that this might fix the issue, as running out of windows handles also might throw an out of memory exception.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Please update to v3.0.13.27 !

This should fix a file handle leak in the audio lib I am using under certain conditions when using overlays.
An out of memory exception might be thrown when running out of file handles.

To monitor your audio handles being used, you might open the 'About' dialog. The number of audio handles should not constantly increase over time.
Michiel Bouwmeester

Thank you Bernd, I will update tonight and monitor closely for the coming week or 2 to see if there is any improvement.
AladnaFm

Post by AladnaFm »

Thanks Bernd.
I will update tonight and will keep monitoring the system.
Michiel Bouwmeester

The number of audio handles stays the same now, only 44 after 3 days. The memory was still going up but it looks like that that problem was fixed in version .28.
It now hovers at 1.67Gb after 2 days. I will keep an eye on that the coming days.