Incorrect Sort by Duration

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
Luka C
Incorrect Sort by Duration

Post by Luka C »

Hello!

When sorting tracks by their total duration, ProppFrexx sorts incorrectly. The program sorts as if a track in length of 11 minutes (Track B) is shorther than a 2 minute track (Track C) and longer than a 1 minute track (Track A). In an ascending sorting by time scenario, tracks should follow in this order: A, B, C. Please, see the attached screenshot.

The incorrect sorting is persistent throughout the application. It was first spotted in the Find Track window searching a Remote MediaLibrary (a MLS serving a DSN connection to a MySQL database fro our previous system), but as I later discovered with a local PFP media library the problem is indeptendent from media library type or track encoding format. Note that the MySQL database stores duration in miliseconds. This was discovered in ONAIR 3.0.14.0.

Can this be corrected by changing settings or will it be corrected in the next release?

Thank you.
Kind regards
Luka C.
Attachments
Screenshot of INcurect Sorting by Duration in a Find Track and Playlist/Media Library Window in ProppFrexx ONAIR 3.0.14.0.
Screenshot of INcurect Sorting by Duration in a Find Track and Playlist/Media Library Window in ProppFrexx ONAIR 3.0.14.0.
Incorrect Sort by Time in ProppFrexx 01.PNG (40.83 KiB) Viewed 4491 times
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Incorrect Sort by Duration

Post by radio42 »

Yes, that is true.
Unfortunately this is due to an unattended/undocumented change in the UI lib I am using; which in the latest version now requires an extra flag.
That's why the duration sorting is now broken in the playlist as well as in the find window...
I'll fix that asap in the next version!
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Incorrect Sort by Duration

Post by radio42 »

The new v3.0.14.2 should fix that issue!