Meta Data Has Priority

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
benny
Meta Data Has Priority

Post by benny »

Hello,

When I choose "Metadata Has priority" and restart I loose all my cue points etc from all files, this includes all items in my playlist and also any items I search.
All my files have pfmd files.

If I leave Metadata has priority unchecked I get a mix of Playlist & pfmd data.

latest version.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Meta Data Has Priority

Post by radio42 »

No sure why you see this as a bug, since what you describe is exactly what the "MetaData has Priority" option is doing!
It gives your meta data files (.pfmd) priority! So if your meta data doesn't define any cue points or define them differently, you would of course 'loose' the cue-points as defined in the playlist - as the .pfmd settings would have priority!
Cue-Points are not 'merged' or 'mixed' whatsoever - that wouldn't make any sense!
benny

Post by benny »

ok, If i didnt have any cue points in my pfmd files then i would understand why they dont appear....
Thing is the files are there and cue points are there....

I used the latest version of the tagger to create them.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Have you also enabled the "Use Metadata file (.pfmd)" option?
Without that option the .pfmd files would regardless be ignored...

Then please send me your 3 files in question to take a look at - as else I can not follow what issue you exactly have:
1) the related physical audio file
2) the related .pfmd file
3) the related .pfp (playlist) file

Note, that there are 3 places involved when reading meta data:
MetaData has Priority
If checked, external meta data has priority over playlist based meta data.

Default (unchecked):
1. Playlist based meta data
2. Meta Data File (.pfmd)
3. Meta Data TAG (proppfrexx)

Priority (checked):
1. Meta Data TAG (proppfrexx)
3. Playlist based meta data

Note: (2) is only in effect, if the Use MetaData File option is set.

Also see here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1221&p=5215

As you can see the Meta Data TAG (inside the physical file) would get the highest priority if you enable "MetaData has Priority".
inl_inc

Post by inl_inc »

Currently running v4.0.0.18 ...

meta data has priority is not checked ... use pmfd file option is checked ...

loaded a playlist with a track that had the following entered in the playlist file: <creator>Passengers with Pavarotti</creator>
however when the playlist was loaded Artist value was populated with something different ... (the source .wav file did not have a .pmfd file associated with it) ...

wondering if <creator> field is not the same as Artist in the playlist?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

It is correct, that the <creator> tag (underneath the <track> tag) contains the Artist.

However, when a track is added to a playlist the standard file TAGs, like Artist, Title, Album, Genre, Year, ReplayGain, BPM etc. (mostly all info displayed on the first page of the TAG editor) are always read in initially from the file. This to ensure, that the standard TAG info is always accurate and most recent.
However, if a file's TAG attribute is empty, e.g. no Artist is set within the file, but only in a playlist file, then the playlist file is maintained.
Meaning the file's TAG data is used only if present.

As such, the Meta Data Has Priority is (only) relevant for the additional meta data attributes, like cue-points, volume-points, hooks, special elements, like track inserts, the media entry type etc.

Many users use external taggers to edit their standard TAGs, if ProppFrexx wouldn't read in those data most recent, they would basically never get updated and any external TAG change might never become visible within ProppFrexx.
That's the reason behind this logic.
The standard meta data TAGs can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

About the pfmd-file: I started tagging the "wrong" way, in our playlist-based media libraries... This caused problems, when moving songs between libraries. So now we use the Tagger-tool, and saves as a pfmd-file, and I've set 2. Meta Data File (.pfmd) to checked in general settings.
But while I don't wan't PF OA to use the cue-points set in oldclassic.pfp, PF OA should use the cue-points in a pregenerated playlist, if a radiohost want to change something. Will these changes by the radiohost be ignored now, and the .pfmd file always has the highest priority?

Thanks
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Is this a question or a bug you are reporting (since this was posted under 'Bug Reports')?
However...
I assume, "oldclassic.pfp" a media lib you are using?

There is an option in the general settings: "MetaData has Priority"
If checked, external meta data has priority over playlist based meta data.

Default (unchecked):
1. Playlist based meta data
3. Meta Data TAG (proppfrexx)

Priority (checked):
1. Meta Data TAG (proppfrexx)
3. Playlist based meta data

I assume you left this option to the default (unchecked), which means any playlist based cue-points (e.g. as edited by your radiohosts in your pregenerated playlists) do have priority over the meta data file or TAGS.

However, note, that you might also simply save the cue-points to the audio files TAGs itself.
Using .pfmd files have the disadvantages, that always extra files need to be moved as well, when you move an audio file.
RadioMaxDK

Post by RadioMaxDK »

Sorry, this is not a bug (I just thought it was clever to continue this thread, didn't see it was the bugs forum)
We're having problems with getting consistant cue-points, that's why I want pfmd files to have high priority. But of course changes in a pre-generated playlists made by radiohosts, should always have the highest priority.
I will try the different settings.